No stunting in FL.

Angrish

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorry. should have thought about it when you ran and won't stop. Car or bike when you decide to put others lives at risk running through traffic or past peoples homes you gave up the right to yours as far I'm concerned. Others lives don't matter to you over a ticket, why should yours matter to me.

Then again when I was working ER XRay in Cali I saw a little girl, 8 years old, who is probably walking with a limp for the rest of her life because some dick on a motorcycle decided to run instead of taking a speeding ticket. How long did the chase last...about 10 secs. He hit them right after he took off pinning it when he saw the lights behind him. That's just one instance I saw come through.

Obviously our opinions are different. From your point of view, why stop with a bike running.. If your speed 5mph over in your car/bike, why not just walk up and shoot you, after all you broke the law and are speeding also. Ever drink more then you should and drive. Same thing.. do everyone else a favor and just off yourself. How far do we take it..

The point is that by doing the pit maneuver on a bike, you are most likely seriously going to hurt someone. Yeah running may hurt someone also but do the math. 1 is guaranteed to hurt/kill someone while the other is a possibility. I dont approve of running but I definitely dont approve of pitting a bike.

if the dude just burnt down an orphanage or something, go ahead and PIT that bitch.

but i agree they shouldnt be wrecking bikes for traffic violations. they shouldnt even chase you. a smart officer will know that he has basically zero chance of catching up to the bike and call it in for the chopper :)

if im not mistaken, in franklin county they wont chase you over 100 mph, as its too dangerous.

now, do these laws apply if you are stuntin it up in a lot somewhere?

I'd imagine not, but unsure...

my question is wht qualifies as a "stunt"?

I will very often hit my throttle lock on a long road, sit up and leave my hands at my sides, does that qualify as a stunt?

does taking one hand off the bars qualify as a "stunt"?

how about standing up on the pegs?

^^^^that will be the interesting thing, what exactly qualifies as a stunt? i regularly ride with one hand at my side sometimes for some more air sometimes just for comforts sake. the other interesting thing is who decides what a stunt is? you can bet your ass it most likely won't be a former biker who knows a little bit about it.

Better hope you and I never meet on a ride.I see you speed and I will damn sure go road rash on your ass.Bam straight left kick sending you off the road.

So I bitch about someone recklessly gunning a bike to run from the cops putting people in danger and you threaten to take me out on my bike if I even speed? Yeah that's the same thing.

Obviously our opinions are different. From your point of view, why stop with a bike running.. If your speed 5mph over in your car/bike, why not just walk up and shoot you, after all you broke the law and are speeding also. Ever drink more then you should and drive. Same thing.. do everyone else a favor and just off yourself. How far do we take it..

The point is that by doing the pit maneuver on a bike, you are most likely seriously going to hurt someone. Yeah running may hurt someone also but do the math. 1 is guaranteed to hurt/kill someone while the other is a possibility. I dont approve of running but I definitely dont approve of pitting a bike.

Now you're exaggerating the point. Where did I say pit someone because they are speeding? I didn't. That's plain stupid to even try and make the same comparison. Exaggerating that to shooting someone for doing 5 MPH over is even dumber.

You also seemed to miss the point that even someone who just takes off from cops can seriously hurt or kill someone. That guy that permanently injured the little girl and almost killed her didn't even give enough time for a chase before ramming into their car. He saw lights, gunned it and almost immediately almost killed a child.

But you're right they shouldn't pursue at all and call it in. Bikes will gun it more and more to sprint away knowing the cops aren't going to chase. That means you'll end up more and more little dumbasses pinning it putting others in danger when ever a cop attempts a stop.

But you're right they shouldn't pursue at all and call it in. Bikes will gun it more and more to sprint away knowing the cops aren't going to chase. That means you'll end up more and more little dumbasses pinning it putting others in danger when ever a cop attempts a stop.

i dont necessarily think so. people who will run will do it either way. law abiding citizens will stop either way.

even though i know they wont chase me over 100, im still not going to run.

would YOU run?

i dont necessarily think so. people who will run will do it either way. law abiding citizens will stop either way.

even though i know they wont chase me over 100, im still not going to run.

would YOU run?

No I wouldn't run.

I think though that there are enough borderline runners that if they knew that the cops wouldn't give chase it would increase the number of riders that would jet. And to at least help avoid getting caught afterwards I think a lot more would start bending plates up to the point it's almost impossible to see helping ensure they couldn't be tracked down later.

It came in handy one day up in TROY when a buddy of mine and I were at a stop sign talking and a guy on the state route walked up to him bitching about him doing wheelies because he went to get his plate and he had it flipped up. :lol:

Disclaimer: I do NOT do wheelies. I enjoy my bike too much and don't care for them nor get a thrill from watching others do them. You see one, you've seen them all. :dunno:

So I bitch about someone recklessly gunning a bike to run from the cops putting people in danger and you threaten to take me out on my bike if I even speed? Yeah that's the same thing.

Sorry I was only trying to stop you to make a citizens arrest for speeding then you chose to run so you deserve to wreck!

Sorry I was only trying to stop you to make a citizens arrest for speeding then you chose to run so you deserve to wreck!

So in summary you think...

The police using the PIT maneuver to stop a bike that is running from them AND putting people in danger = bad

Police letting a rider run, still putting people in danger, but not stopping the bike because the rider might get hurt = good

Gotcha.

The person wouldn't be "running" if the cop wasn't chasing. :D

You can't judge by "what if's?" You don't know if anyone is going to get hurt. Best thing is....don't chase. Chasing is more ego than anything. Food for thought.

Police don't chase people that don't run.

'You can't judge by "what if's?"' doesn't work for you. It can be applied either way and it can be argued more in favor of pursuing. So police pursuing a criminal on a bike isn't a what if. Fleeing the police is a definite crime. Not pursuing because of a "but what if they crash in the pursuit" is a what if.

Saying "Chasing is more ego than anything." doesn't even make sense. Police aren't supposed to pursue criminals? Running from police for speeding or a wheelie doesn't make sense. Why are they really running?