Thermocouple help

Guest Ponyfreak

Guest Ponyfreak

ok. I am looking for a device that can read and peferably log 5+ thermocouples at a time. Preferably 8-10 at a time. This device will be used to monitor EGT's. Since they will be used for EGT the thermocouples will need to be inconel, 1/8" and K or J type depending on what the mystery device.

Right now I am looking at buying thermocouples, amplifiers, and two expanders for my Motec which will total 3000. That is fucking ridiculous. There has to be a cheaper way to monitor multiple EGT's than that.

There are many high quality K thermocouples on ebay stores for 50-60 a piece that will work. A ton of lower grade for 20$.

I jsut need something that can log this information.

I contacted FJO but they do not have anything like this.

Try veriteq technologies. They are in the weather monitoring business and are generally less than aircraft industry. http://www.veriteq.com/index.htm

I have used some of their stuff in the past. You can use Palm software with it so if it is a remote site you can easily record the data.