Need recommendations for good gear

excell

I want to get a pair of boots, leather (or leatherish) jacket, and matching gloves. I already have a textile Joe Rocket jacket and gloves, but I want something a little thicker for riding in 50-60ish degree temps. My JR jacket was always a little cold when it got down to this temp at night in the spring and fall. I would also like something in a black/blue and maybe silver color scheme to match my helmet.

I don't want to spend $1000 but I don't mind spending a decent amount to make sure I don't die.

Thanks. :D

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Long Shoreman:

I want to get a pair of boots, leather (or leatherish) jacket, and matching assless chaps.

Sounds like the Chamber has what you're looking for. :D

a good leather jacket is gonna run you around $350 - $400... now this will have a removable liner, and removable pads. and are good thickness of leather usually around 2.0mm. Joe Rocket, Icon, Alpinestar.. all good jackets. and come in a variety of colors. and gloves wise, i avhe a pair of ICon Leather/ fabric gloves. they are the best pair i ahve owned. ive been through about 8 pairs of gloves in 2 seasons. my 2 pair of icons i ahve now arew still kicken, and have no holes, and not much wear. i ahve a regular MX style glove for warm weather, and a heavier style glove for colder weather. you want to look for somethign that fits your hands well, gives you alot of protection, bt still gives you the movement you need. Icon has it all in my book. go over to Iron Pony, they have a entire seciton of jsut Icon apparel. let me knwo maybe ill roll over wiht ya

Guest Extreme PowerSports
Originally posted by Hoblick:

go over to Iron Pony, they have a entire seciton

Why go to the pony when I can give you a better deal graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Extreme PowerSports:

12pm to 5 monday and tuesday

closed on wensday

12pm to 8pm thursday friday

12pm to 4pm saturday

What the fuck man. I just drove all the fucking way to your shop and it was closed.

It was 6:30PM!

That's not the way to run a damn business...

You know I just hate people that talk shit about my shop not open do to me having the flu. And they cant even reply to IM's or posts. graemlins/bsflag.gif

You know I just hate people that talk shit about my shop not open do to me having the flu. And they cant even reply to IM's or posts. graemlins/bsflag.gif

I just got back from lunch and recieved your IM. Chill out.

Do you want my money or not? :rolleyes:

Chris... I was just at Iron Pony on Sunday. They had some extremly good deals. It's worth the 20 min trip to get ther! Eric and I found jackets we liked. They also had tons of sales on the various leathers in all the sections including the joe rocket section!!! Good luck findin one!

Sounds familiar... Oh, thats right, I sent you a PM about dyno prices and tuning a jet kit (that has been read) and never recieved a response. :rolleyes:

[/qb]

I sent you a PM about dyno prices and tuning a jet kit (that has been read) and never recieved a response. :rolleyes: [/QB]

You never PM me about dyno prices.

Well as one of Mikes cutomers... I have to say Ive had great dealings with Mike and his shop. Very curtious and great prices.. I used to shop at Iron Pony but Mike did a lot better deals and had a lot of selection. Just had to throw in my .02 cents!

Originally posted by AmysBAD98GT:

Well as one of Mikes cutomers... I have to say Ive had great dealings with Mike and his shop. Very curtious and great prices.. I used to shop at Iron Pony but Mike did a lot better deals and had a lot of selection. Just had to throw in my .02 cents!

I appreciate that Amy. However, I have a real problem with a shop owner who talks shit to his potential customers. I'm not going to support a business with leadership that acts this way. I've been treated right at Iron Pony, so I'm going to go there. I would rather pay $50 more on my $500+ dollar purchase and support an honest retailer than support someone with business practices like his.

As far as having the flu goes, I understand. But the least that could have been done was to change the message on his shops voicemail letting people know that they were closed. I wasted my valuable time and money going to their shop for nothing. Then I get accosted by him on here when I am understandably pissed off. Rule #1, the customer is always right. Rule #2, if you feel that the customer is wrong - refer to rule #1. I've worked in automotive retail and I would expect to lose customers with the way he has treated me here.