Hayabusa,Gixxer1000 motor needed

owndjoo

alrite guys, please be on the lookout for some liter bike engine setups. I'm gonna need either a 'busa,gsxr1000,r1, or zx12 complete motor/car kit. We're now workin on a super kickass project for this summer. Cycle search put the pricetag between 3-5 grand depending on motor and condition. now i know there are some out there for much much cheaper. just keep your eyes lookin if ya could. thanx

yea, we went over and looked at the car in the pix last year. has a 900cc 2-stroke snowmobile motor with centrifugal clutch. ran 10.4's i believe with the wrong weights in the clutch.

Just got an email back from my buddy.....

""""Its a 99 engine with only 6200 miles on it. The busa came from an island in northern Japan, so the old man didn't ride it much cuz of all the snow. It only had 2500 on it when I bought it. I put almost 4k on it riding on this 65 mile long island in about a year.

Its in great condition! dynoed 157 HP stock. 166 with dual HMFs. I ran nothing but the Motul 300V full synthetic oil in it, so it was taken care of really well. I changed the oil twice during the 4,000 miles...

I will sell it for 2300 shipped to his door. Unless the shipping is outrageous, then I might ask him to split the shipping with me. Outrageous = over 300 dollars.

The only thing this engine needs is a starter clutch. I think they cost 100 dollars or so, part of the reason I am selling so cheap. It is a very simple installation. If he wants, I will buy the part and put it in before I ship the engine. Whatever is best for ya'll. I can walk him through the installation if he wants to do that, it seriously takes only 30 minutes.

thank you,

Bill""""""

......let me know if you want it? By the way, that is a HELL OF A DEAL if you haven't shopped around much!

Josh

Originally posted by SVRIDER:

sounds pretty good, the thing is i would need everything it needs to run. the basic "car kit".

I would get this motor and then piece together what you need for less money! Otherwise, you are looking at $4k+ for all that stuff straight off of a bike. Unless you can find a wrecked one somewhere that still runs......even then it might be more work than it's worth time or $$$$ wise!

Let me know if you want this engine because it will go quick at that price!