im back

Benyen Soljax

so after i think its been 8 days now, im back in ohio. stopped by philly for a little vaca, and on the way back my car started having its issues. bear in mind im hauling every possesion i own in my 90 integra with my bike in a trailer hooked on the back. the radiator cracked and i had no coolant, so i drove for a few minutes to find a safe place to pull off and got towed. this was in the middle of mountain country in PA. the shop shuttles me down to the best western to shack up for the night since the parts wont be in until the next day. i felt the need for a stiff drink so i went to the bar across the street which had names of people who were not allowed in the bar anymore. as im sitting there just watching the tv and avoiding the viscious stares from the locals, some happy go lucky guy comes in and buys a round for everyone in the bar....except for me. it should be known at this point that i was wearing my michigan state t shirt. this is the only reason other than the fact that they had never seen me before that i was discriminated against.

so back on the road this morning my car seemed to be running fine, then i hit a bump and it felt like there was a strange new vibration in the car. i didnt figure out what it was until i stopped for gas, having only gone 160 miles in a HONDA before needing to refuel 11-12 gallons. oh yeah, and my car sounded like a lawnmower and had no power. so i limped it home and its going to sit in front of my house while i use my motorcycle (spotless, just like when i loaded it on the trailer) as primary transportation.

if anyone knows a mechanic that doesnt beat around the bush let me know. also, i might be in the used car market again soon depending on what the aforementioned mechanic finds. im guessing cracked block or head, hoping that its just a gasket or something electrical.

I didnt even realize that you were gone.:confused:

When your car started acting up (after the radiator was fixed) did you get a check engine light? If certain sensors fail the car goes into "limp" mode, which pulls timing and limits RPM's which turns the car into a total dog.

Give us some more info and I am relatively certain that we can get you going or at least figure out how fucked you are.

I have a feeling that your Header/Exhaust Manifold might have cracked. If you dont get the right back pressure on engine then you make no power and its loud as balls. Could just be a cracked exhaust too. A 100% new B-Pipe for that car is $150.

Welcome back man...and welcome to the 'no car club'.

My only advice is to get some good rain gear, check the weather often, and make sure you have some sort of backpack or tail bag for transporting your shit around town.

someone got a multimeter that delivers? so the engine light never came on after the radiator thing, and the car ran fine for a while. on a side note, there is a pretty good hole in my resonator pipe making the car louder and decreasing gas mileage, but this is pretty extreme. if i barely tap on the gas, the engine will rev reasonably well but it still sucks balls power-wise. if i give it more than a tiny bit of gas, it goes into one cylinder mode (at least thats what it sounds like). im not really sure how else to describe it. if anyone is in the campus area my car aint goin anywhere, i could give some free sound checks!