storm damage

John

it was all hurricane katrina in german village. people on their roof, massive looting, lack of FEMA response...

ok maybe it wasnt that bad...

there was some flooding though.

302bcdu.jpg

lots of trees down everywhere. my power was out from 6:30 until i dont know when. it was on when i woke up this morning.

here is a telephone pole that snapped right in half.

2hi2t03.jpg

right past that there was a huge tree that fell over onto a car.

im waiting on my FEMA check right now

i have a video of water running down my street like a river. the curbs are probably 8 or 9 inches, and it was up over that... im up on a little hill, so it was running away from me thank god.

in the lower lying areas it was fairly deep though.

one dumbass tried to drive through it, got stuck. had to have the police tow his car out. i said they should take him to jail for being a dumbass.

yes its really gerbil village. here is a different angle

n595601493_680965_5269_medium.jpg

it is third street at the corner of sycamore. you can see the starbucks right there by the police car.

its near the cup o joe and g michael's resturant.

nick, yes it is my neighborhood. that deep flooding is a bit away from my house, but the larger pics are taken from in front of my place right out on the street.

the thing is, it flooded, then it subsided like 10 minutes after the rain stopped, once the sewers could catch up and drain all the water.

It was pretty much the same over by my house in Grandview. I felt terrible for my poor soaked bike. Then I felt terrible for myself when I had to run out to get in my friend's car with water up to my ankles!

Looks like you got a bit more flooding in German Village though....