need help buying a bike....

Guest Beckett

Guest Beckett
i have been looking for a bike for a few weeks now... basically want something in the range of 98-2004 (gsxr, r6, cbr, 600)......... anyways I found a really nice 2002 R6 from a person that I know and the bike has been taken care of... the bike was never dropped or anything like that, the only downside is the bike has 11,500 miles. The guy is asking $4000 and the bike includes slip on pipe, seat cover, 2 helmets, carbon fiber all over the bike.... I just wanted some of you guys opinions who are alot more knowledgeable about bikes than I am due to the mileage of the bike. All opinions/suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Originally posted by Beckett:

I found a really nice 2002 R6 with 11,500 miles.

that seems like low miles to me.

i have 17500 on my 03.

runs great, most dependable vehicle i own.

i think it might need a clutch change soon though, after a 100 or so passes on the strip i think it might be slipping some in second when i shift it hard from 1rst to second.

im on my thrid tyre on the back and second on the front, still have stock chain, change the oil about every 3k (which is monthly) and clean the air filter and lube the chain

so if you do basic maintance on it it will run fine.

im gonna see if i can get 100k out of the engine.