Tial Question

Doug1647545489

Doug,

Most people just stick with a 40mm, as its a common, readily accesible gate. HKS makes a nice gate, as does Tial. I am currently looking at a 46mm Tial with a .6bar spring for my car. Very high quality.

The 40mm will be good for you, so long as the exhaust side of the turbo is going to be designed around the operating range of the engine. Meaning: do not use the wastegate to make the turbo more volumetrically efficient. smile.gif

I think i have this right, anyways..... smile.gif

Doesn't the T3 usually come with an internal wastegate? If so, you shouldn't need an external one. ;) If not, 40mm will be fine. Don't be afraid of internals, btw. There's nothing wrong with them until you get to fairly large turbos. Even Kenny's T60 has one.

Joe and his 46mm...lol Wow. Do rotaries need bigger wastegates or something, or did you drop the TO4E for a T72? :D

What size engine is this T3 for, btw?

[ 25 September 2002, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Stolen UFO ]

Yeah most do come with an internal. But there are a few that use an external one. I might just end up getting one with an internal though.

here is the pic of the one they use for my car in there kit. I'm building my own kit cause its way cheaper. All I got form picracing is there manifold.

http://www.picracing.com/turbo.html

As for size. I still haven't made up my mind but Im considering a Super 60. I eventually want 300-350 to the wheels.

btw my manifold should be here soon ;)

[ 25 September 2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: $low one ]

Mark, it's a TE60. tongue.gif

Yes, you can still run a boost controller. I adjust boost by either shortening or lengthening my actuator rod. The shorter the rod, the less the wastegate opens and the more boost I run. Longer, further, less boost.

My exhaust side is a 76 trim T3... graemlins/fruit.gif

Unrelated: What are you doing for a fuel system doug? is that a return style system? or are you going to add a return line and a FMU?

I would go internaly wastegated if at all possible, what is the manifold set up for? internal or external? If there is nowhere for a wastegate to bolt on the manifold, then you have to go internal...

[ 25 September 2002, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: rl ]

The kit that the manifold came out of and I'm getting seperatly has an external wastegate in the kit so I'm guess it will have a place for one. I'll let you know for sure. If not I'll just run an internal.

I'll be running an Vortech 12:1 FMU, in-line venom fuel pump, new RC injectors(320cc), Venom fuel rail, S-AFC, and FPR.

Maybe a little overboard for right now since I'll be running 8 psi intercooled on the stock internal max. Then when I do piston, rods (weak point in our engines) I'll turn it up to 13 psi.

[ 25 September 2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: $low one ]

Originally posted by $low one:

The kit that the manifold came out of and I'm getting seperatly has an external wastegate in the kit so I'm guess it will have a place for one. I'll let you know for sure. If not I'll just run an internal.

I'll be running an Vortech 12:1 FMU, in-line venom fuel pump, new RC injectors(320cc), Venom fuel rail, S-AFC, and FPR.

Maybe a little overboard for right now since I'll be running 8 psi intercooled on the stock internal max. Then when I do piston, rods (weak point in our engines) I'll turn it up to 13 psi.

OK, so it does have a return line from the factory...fuel system stuff is NEVER overkill, its better to have to much rather than to little.

Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

T3's can be had with internal or no wastegate. External Wastegate > Internal Wastegate

yeah thats what I've been told.

oh yeah and rob when I get all my turbo parts bought we'll have to have a chat about what I'm missing and maybe a few ?? about the install

thanks guys

so if its external I'll get a Tial 40

[ 25 September 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: $low one ]

Originally posted by Stolen UFO:

Doesn't the T3 usually come with an internal wastegate? If so, you shouldn't need an external one. ;) If not, 40mm will be fine. Don't be afraid of internals, btw. There's nothing wrong with them until you get to fairly large turbos. Even Kenny's T60 has one.

Joe and his 46mm...lol Wow. Do rotaries need bigger wastegates or something, or did you drop the TO4E for a T72? :D

What size engine is this T3 for, btw?

Mark, something like that. Lets just say its for future use. I can use it with the T04E, and with my next turbo. Since they are both in the T04 family, i can just reuse the manifold that i am having made. :D

[ 28 September 2002, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: More Tools Than Columbus Racing ]