Need Someone To Do Turbo,Exhaust, Intercooler Install

Guest Beckett

I need someone to install a greddy turbo kit on my 2000 honda civic si you can check the kit out on http://www.greddy.com I also have a spearco intercooler that I will need installed at the same time as well as a thermal 3" turbo catback exhaust! If there is ANYONE that would like to shoot me a ballpark figure on what they would do it for, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :eek:

Originally posted by Hua:

I'd have Brett (RennerZ32) do it.

He's an automotive ninja.

LOL. Back with the automotive ninja stuff again. :D

I could probably help you out, but I am very busy with a few other projects right now, so it would probably be a few weeks until I could even get started. I would also have to see the kit and car to figure out about how much time it would take. But with something like that I usually just charge you hourly for what it takes to do the install. Sometimes "bolt-on" kits aren't always true bolt-ons, and require some extra work/trips to the parts store. I think that hourly works best for most projects like this because I get paid for the time I spend, and you only have to pay for time I spent actually working. And since you are just paying my labor rate, not a shops labor rate, you ususally end up getting a pretty good deal anyway. If you were looking to do it sooner then I can get to it, then that is fine, just send me a PM if you want to talk more.

-Brett

I have done a TON of turbo installs on hondas, infact I just did an SI with that same kit a few weeks ago (I have done 2 99-00 si's with the greddy kits, prolly 10 SOHC cars with the greddy kits a GSR with a greddy kit and a GSR with a drag kit..all of them with FMIC)Not to mention all of the engine swaps I have done, and other misc parts installs (TONS) I have done enough of these to know my way around them smile.gif

A lot of guys on the board can attest to my work, I am cheaper then any shop in columbus too :D

email me or call me rl@columbus.rr.com

740-971-4901 any time after 2pm

rob

I could fit you in within 2 weeks...I would need your car for 2 days, if you dropped it off on a thursday night, you would have it back saterday evening.

[ 25 September 2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: rl ]

Originally posted by 98GSR:

Rob did my kit, and I am happy with it. and rob if you do his kit make sure its not as quick as mine :D J/K

hehe, no problem, you have the freak GSR, your dyno numbers would be hard to match, lol smile.gif I take it the car has been OK? fuel system working well?

for sale?! :(

Ya no problems, still havent turned the boost up. Waiting to find some cheap DSM injectors, dyno and go from there. Just the damn motor mounts, I need to get off my ass and go by some. (inserts) The only real problem is that Im pushin so much fule presure I am having problems keeping the gas line on the filture, I should have that problem fixed this weekend or whenever I have time.

Originally posted by 98GSR:

Ya no problems, still havent turned the boost up. Waiting to find some cheap DSM injectors, dyno and go from there. Just the damn motor mounts, I need to get off my ass and go by some. (inserts) The only real problem is that Im pushin so much fule presure I am having problems keeping the gas line on the filture, I should have that problem fixed this weekend or whenever I have time.

If you give me a call sometime, I can flare the lines coming off the filter and fuel rail, that should help.

Guest BPEPPER
Hey, I dont know where you are located but I live in Cleveland. I would be willing to do the install. I am a factory trained honda mechanic and the install would be performed at the dealership I work at over a weekend. If interested email me at byos4life@yahoo.com Later, Brian

Originally posted by HONDATECH:

Hey, I dont know where you are located but I live in Cleveland. I would be willing to do the install. I am a factory trained honda mechanic and the install would be performed at the dealership I work at over a weekend. If interested email me at byos4life@yahoo.com Later, Brian

Yeah Honda School is some awesome training! graemlins/gay.gifgraemlins/fruit.gif

Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HONDATECH:

Yeah Honda School is some awesome training! graemlins/gay.gifgraemlins/fruit.gif </font>LOL! certified :eek:

Guest BPEPPER
I love people like you. Fist you insult my intelligence by poking sarcasism at my "Honda training". Have you ever been employed by Honda and attended there factory training? I highly doubt it. Honda training has tought me numerous skills which I can bring into the performance aspect of Hondas. I could get technical about it but I would not want to confuse your narrow minded brain. Secondly, pretty much annyone can bolt on a intake, exhaust, header, or a turbo for that matter and pretend to call themselve a technician like yourself. I love people like you. What to know why? Because after you install performance parts parts on a car and cant figure out why your car dosent run right or the MIL light is on YOU bring the car to the dealer to let HONDA TRAINED TECHS like me, figure out what you f---ed up. So next time you voice your opinon, think about who works on these cars (stock and modified) every day for a living. Brian

I love people like you. Fist you insult my intelligence by poking sarcasism at my "Honda training". Have you ever been employed by Honda and attended there factory training? I highly doubt it. Honda training has tought me numerous skills which I can bring into the performance aspect of Hondas. I could get technical about it but I would not want to confuse your narrow minded brain. Secondly, pretty much annyone can bolt on a intake, exhaust, header, or a turbo for that matter and pretend to call themselve a technician like yourself. I love people like you. What to know why? Because after you install performance parts parts on a car and cant figure out why your car dosent run right or the MIL light is on YOU bring the car to the dealer to let HONDA TRAINED TECHS like me, figure out what you f---ed up. So next time you voice your opinon, think about who works on these cars (stock and modified) every day for a living. Brian

Aren't you depriving a village somewhere of an idiot?

BTW, what does Honda showing you how to do a timing belt job on a V6 Accord with the motor on a engine stand teach you about turbocharging a Civic? Ah, thats what I thought. graemlins/bsflag.gif

[ 06 October 2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: bigbabyjesus ]

I love people like you.

awwww, I love you too! :D

Fist you insult my intelligence by poking sarcasism at my "Honda training". Have you ever been employed by Honda and attended there factory training? I highly doubt it. Honda training has tought me numerous skills which I can bring into the performance aspect of Hondas.
so can we, BUT! we didn't learn them in a classroom, we learned them by DOING THE WORK! on REAL CARS!

I could get technical about it but I would not want to confuse your narrow minded brain. Secondly, pretty much annyone can bolt on a intake, exhaust, header, or a turbo for that matter and pretend to call themselve a technician like yourself.
Please! enlighten me! I would love to hear...

I don't call myself a technician, and sure, I install turbos, I also do engine swaps, build engines, do timing belts and anything else that you must obvious deal with on a day to day basis. I do it on MORE then just hondas too...ever do DSM engine swaps? or build ford motors? What about custom fuel systems on oddball turbo cars? do they teach you that kind of stuff in honda school?

I love people like you. What to know why? Because after you install performance parts parts on a car and cant figure out why your car dosent run right or the MIL light is on YOU bring the car to the dealer to let HONDA TRAINED TECHS like me, figure out what you f---ed up. So next time you voice your opinon, think about who works on these cars (stock and modified) every day for a living. Brian
Once again, I love you too graemlins/fruit.gif

I haven't had to take ANY cars to a Honda dealership to have 'Honda certified' *shiver* techs look at them yet. I'm not making fun of them, or saying they don't know what they are doing, you just came off in your first post acting like we have NO clue what we are doing.

Have you ever assembled a Honda bottom end? or head? just curious...

Hmmm, last time I checked, Ricky does work as a tech at a Honda dealer.....which would probably explain his first hand knowledge of some of the idiots that may or may not work there. Any monkey can get trained and certified, doesn't really mean he knows anything useful. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Renner:

Hmmm, last time I checked, Ricky does work as a tech at a Honda dealer.....which would probably explain his first hand knowledge of some of the idiots that may or may not work there. Any monkey can get trained and certified, doesn't really mean he knows anything useful. :rolleyes:

:D That was my trump card! You took the words right out of my mouth. We have guys that have been wrenching for 25+ years, but I wouldn't let them touch my turbo with a ten foot Snap-On wrench! Last I checked Honda doesnt have any turbocharged cars, so I don't know where this guy would gain any usefull knowledge :rolleyes: Maybe he went to JDM Honda School where they have the turbocharged Honda Beat? :confused: Oh I know I know, he did R & D work on the new Twin-turbo Odyssey mini-van! Thats it!