Shift Lights

RedLudeSH

Originally posted by RedLudeSH:

Are they hard to install? Also how much would I look to spend on a good one and what brand would be good for a Honda? Thanks...

I have a Proform from Jegs. I like it because its cheaper than any of the others and it doesn't use those gay little pills that cost so much, there just a dial on the back from 3-11k RPM. It has three wires, one ground, one power, one for the tach input; really easy to install. Its not really neccesary unless your factory tach sucks, mine reads ~6100 RPM when I'm shifting at 5700 according to the Scanmaster. If your tach is accurate just save your money.

Cool,Thanks. I was wanting one cause when I'm at the track I find myself staring at the tach and not at the road which is fine you have barriers seperating you from harm on either side. But racing anywhere other than the track you need to be aware of whats around you, cops, cars, people etc. Since it's so important that I shift right at 8000rpms any less, no power. Any more, blown engine. I thought it'd be a good idea.

I have a Harlan shift light.

http://www.harlan-engineering.com/store/

$50 + $5 shipping; another $1.50 if you want the mount.

I really like this shift light. I spent the extra $20 and got the blue LED option (blue LED's are expensive, which is why there is a surcharge for them).

The Harlan light is very compact and easy to use. No pills to set the shift light setting; it uses a programmable EEPROM. Doesn't loose its settings when the power is cut off. LED lights are easy to see. And hell, it is cheaper than most shift lights out there, and smaller too. :D

Yes, Harlan makes mostly F-body based stuff, but his shift lights are universal. I have mine in the A-pillar like he pictures on his website; almost looks factory. smile.gif