Need help deciding an Exhaust

Guest chads2k2

Guest chads2k2

All right here is the scenario. I have a '97 Honda Civic EX. I know stop the ricer comments. I am looking at getting an exhaust for it. I would like to know what are your opinions given the information that I do want a HP kick (every civic does ;) ) and don't want it to sound like a typical "ricer". I might have the neons, headlights, and shifter. Though I am not as stupid as your typical ricer. I am thinking of going with a Greddy, or Apexi. Any other ideas are more than welcome. I would like to know your guy's opinions. Thanks so much!

Chad

If you want quiet/stealth, go with either the Greddy SP or the Apex-i World Sport (WS). Any differences in power output amoung the different brands and models will be so negligible that I would use aesthetics and sound as a basis for which exhaust to purchase. They two I have listed have a subtle appearance and are relatively quiet and with a nice tone to them.

Greddy SP and Apex'i WS are nice because they are not annoyingly loud like so many out there. I have the HKS superdragger on my dailer driver 2000 ex and its not horrible sounding either. The Apex'i N1 or any style like it are very loud.

Guest badmuthrfkr
Originally posted by n8s93-3kgtSL:

My girlfriend has Thermal Research cat-back and it's not bad at all, kinda fart canister under full throttle but they all are under full throttle.

Not the GReddy SP or Apex'i World Sport. Those are the only two exhausts to get for a Honda if you are NA.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Stinky Pete:

Avoid DC A friend of mine had one of their exhausts and untill he put his turbo on it sounded like a pissed off duck :(

+1, my friend will be on his 3rd cat-back b/c the DC one keeps braking, at the inlet seal at the muffler.

I have the Greddy SP and I am very pleased with it smile.gif , its not loud when just cruising and it doesn't have an annoying sound to it when on full trottle.

I say leave the stock exhaust and mod something else. You aren't going to see any significant gains on a N/A car with a catback, and will most likely only make the car sound worse (and/or have a huge mellon launcher canister hanging off the back graemlins/bubbrubb.gif ). Imagine what other mods that could go to.

Guest chads2k2

Yeah well I do have a whole in the exhaust at the moment and this is what I am limited to do. All the suggestions are much appreciated and are for sure going to be taken to heart. Ok what is the DC one you guys are talking about? I have been in the performance scene before but I am outta the loop really bad. :( I haven't had the time, car, money for a while to make mine the way I want it. I am also looking for one that will last me a while. One that is made with quality material and can last me another 7-8 years. I plan on having this car for a while. Thanks so much for all the great feedback! Please keep it coming. Thanks!!

Chad

Guest badmuthrfkr

GReddy offers the SP2. It's the same as the old SP, except it is in full stainless steel. I would wait for this unit. Thermal R&D = loud as fuck, along the the Apex'i N1, HKS Hiper.

SP2 for a 96-00 Civic EX runs about $540 to your door.

Guest chads2k2

Supra is it worth it? Like $550 for it? I don't know my price range yet but I am guessing somewhere around in there. Just wondering will the HKS last a while? I don't know their durability of the units.

Chad