Help adding a M90 to a Maxima?

Prodeje79

Would anyone want to help me do this? :>

I think a writeup is in the works on how to do it.

If the Dynos come out pretty good, this would be a pretty good way to go boost and keep the costs down. One can find the blower for pretty cheap.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=261230

any thoughts or opinions?

I would of course like to go turbo, but it gets real pricey to do that.

they used to mount roots blowers like that on some of the old rail race cars they were direct drive on the crankshaft and had a big tube that ran back to the motor into a carb bonnet. I 've been looking at putting an m90 on my truck mounting it that way would save me the trouble of having some one machine a manifold for it.

thanks for the replys. I guess I will see how this unfolds first.

I guess either way the turbo is going to be better? There are about 3 nice prefabbed turbo kits, and one ghetto one. They all seem pricey, I wonder how much it would cost to make one?

Originally posted by Prodeje79:

I guess either way the turbo is going to be better? There are about 3 nice prefabbed turbo kits, and one ghetto one. They all seem pricey, I wonder how much it would cost to make one?

Since you are working on a transverse mounted V6 in a car with limited engine bay space, it will cost twice as much as you had initially thought, and it will take 4 times as long as you had initially planned. I speak from experience....

If you actually enjoy driving your car, instead of working on it all the time while it is down for 6 months, I would go with the best fitting and most trusted bolt on kit, it will end up saving you many headaches in the long run. If you can't afford it yet, spend the time working extra hours to make the money you need, instead of trying to spend the time to make your own, since the time investment needed is huge.

Edit: If you decide to buy the kit and are looking for somebody to do the install, wiring, and tuning, I know just the place that can help you out... :cool:

Guest Nbodyracer
ami the only one that got the thread but no pics ?????? this sux but for all intents and purposes the style supercharger there talking about has never needed the aid of a bov. considering its crankdriven and s/c slows at the same rate the motor does so boost drops accordingly..he might be confused about a valve or plate that bursts when the motor backfires..kids today sheesh ;)

well i saw this and since i own a roots car. id give you my input.

go centrifical blower

compressing air creates heat, roots blowers are not efficent, hence "blower". they move air, compresison is done in the intake manifold. there are some many times i want to slap pontiac for throwing this blower on the 3.8 and not doing much to support it.

a well designd blower, say a fully ported and polished roots, if that, or a twin screw would be your best choice in the supercharger area. or better yet, a centrifical.

shoving a turbo in there would mean custom manfolds, meaning $$$$$! a nice vortech kit with maybe headwork, and full exhaust would do you good.

good luck my friend, and yes, roots blowers make a lovely sound.