greddy turbo kit for gsr

Guest gs-rpower95

The Greddy kit for the Integra GSR is overpriced and the turbo is oversized. Only buy that kit if you are concerned with legality (and living in Westerville you don't need to worry about it).The price of the Greddy turbo kit DOES NOT include an intercooler! So the kit ends up being around 4G's... Go with a Drag, Max-Rev etc. instead.

Guest Iria
Originally posted by controler:

If I were you... I would leave the GSR stock and modify your s13 with a sr20det. But that is just me and you might have no idea what I am talking about.

That's right, because dropping an sr20det is soooo much easier and cheaper then buying a bolt-on turbo kit for a GSR. They're his cars, let him do what he wants tongue.gif

Originally posted by RX7dood:

maybe daks' GSR was a freak but i THINK he had the greddy kit and he did 240 to the wheels....untuned.

It also blew up and was running dangerously lean. graemlins/jerkit.gifsmile.gif

Guest gs-rpower95
for one 240s gone (bent unibody) two the CRX is gone....GAVE IT AWAY!!!!..and three i want the greddy for cheapness...but i also wouldnt mind the t3/t4 drag turbo lol AND I WILL BEAT U JP JUST WAIT TILL AUGUST!!!!!!!!

Ok, so you're saying the turbo is "oversized"? Please tell me how the 18g on the greddy setup is smaller than a drag turbo? Besides, lag is seriously overrated. I say piece your kit together, making sure you get the best components for the least amount of cash. I spent 2515 on EVERYTHING, right up to the last zip ties. I had to do some custom work, but it ended up being the best Idea. I have top of the line parts, and didn't skimp on anything that was important. Just remember that you need fuel, and you need something to tune it with.

Originally posted by integranator:

Ok, so you're saying the turbo is "oversized"? Please tell me how the 18g on the greddy setup is smaller than a drag turbo? Besides, lag is seriously overrated. I say piece your kit together, making sure you get the best components for the least amount of cash. I spent 2515 on EVERYTHING, right up to the last zip ties. I had to do some custom work, but it ended up being the best Idea. I have top of the line parts, and didn't skimp on anything that was important. Just remember that you need fuel, and you need something to tune it with.

Sorry, I actually meant undersized. smile.gif IMO, anyone that is asking about the Greddy kit probably hasn't done enough research as to where they can piece together their own kit. Not everyone is on the same skill level. For most people a Drag kit is the best option, no it isn't perfect, but it's convenient and priced reasonably.

Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

It also blew up and was running dangerously lean. graemlins/jerkit.gifsmile.gif

No my car didnt blow up, just blow a headgasket, and I have the Drag III kit with tial wastegate.

Originally posted by drunkendubber:

and daks car is sooooo sexy. Hows she running ?you gots to come hang out sometime.

Kyle g>

She's at Robs right now getting rings, bearings, headgasket, headstuds, blockguard, and injectors right now, after that she'll be on the streets again.

I know man this girlfreind thing is keeping me busy.

Originally posted by 98GSR-T:

She's at Robs right now getting rings, bearings, headgasket, headstuds, blockguard, and injectors right now, after that she'll be on the streets again.

I know man this girlfreind thing is keeping me busy.

You mean sitting at the machine shop smile.gif heh

Should be good to go in a week. No more of this 17:1 air/fuel bullshit ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Testarosa:

anybody know anything about the FMAX kit?

I'll know more about them in a few weeks smile.gif They look VERY complete, injectors, BTM, etc, More-so than a drag kit.

you're gettin it rl? make sure you post on here how it is. i was lookin at some graphs they had on their website comparing there's and the drag and it made alot more power. also i hear everything bolts on with fmax. i guess you have to do soldering and stuff with the drag?

you're gettin it rl? make sure you post on here how it is. i was lookin at some graphs they had on their website comparing there's and the drag and it made alot more power. also i hear everything bolts on with fmax. i guess you have to do soldering and stuff with the drag?

I'm installing one on a h23a car.

The drag kit comes with nothing electrical (genIII) Just a FMU, greddy's kit comes with a blue fuel control box that must be soldered in. The FMAX kit comes with a BTM, with the greddy or drag kits you have to manually retard timing or buy a BTM.

We'll just say dak's car had some slight detonation issues (which where impossible to hear over the externally vented wastegate).

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

hey rl, how did that fmax kit workout??

Still waiting on parts. The kid is waiting to get the motor done first I guess. Hopefully it will be done in a few weeks.