Downpipe Install

nocab72

any 7 owners done this themselves, or know of a shop that won't f*ck up my car and will do it for me? The HOWTO's make it sound like a minor b*tch do to.

Some shops won't do it because it requires removing the pre-cat (leaving the main cat). Apparently it is still illegal to remove the pre-cat even if you are leaving the main cat.

the CA guys with 7's say you can still pass emmission with the pre-cat removed as long as the car is warmed up...not that we have heavy emmission testing in OH...

K

I don't know, but I've always wanted to know wtf a downpipe is... :D I hear it all the time, but have no clue what it is or what it does. Someone enlighten me! smile.gif Is it on N/A cars or just turbo?

This was the only thing I had a shop do for me because the downpipe often has to be cut off, and also the studs are easily broken...

I took mine to Passen to get it done(which was a mistake) they charged me $200 because they had to cut mine off....

Hwilli,

If you are going to Hooters tonight, look me up. Since I don't know who you are... smile.gif

Lets talk about getting my dp installed. I am less worried about overboosting now that my PowerFC is here!

Maybe we should all start wearing name tags with our Forum names on them for all the new people! :D

K

Kyle,

I don't make it out much during the week. I work Mon-Fri 11pm-8am. Needless to say I rarely make it to hooters.

I talked to Brett(Silver Z on here), and he it going to see when he could do it. We're also going to see if we can score access to a lift to make life easier. In theory it's a simple job, but when dealing with exhaust work all the little convinences help.

It took me 5 hours to do my DP on stands and with hand tools. :(

Shoot me an email, and I'll get you my cell #

Later,

Howard

Hey Kyle, we met briefly on Friday. I have to see when I can line up some shop time. It may not be until the weekend after next if you can stand to wait that long.

Exhaust work is a bitch without air tools, so doing it on my garage floor is a pain in the ass I don't want to have to deal with if I don't have to. I should know sometime during the middle of this week when I will have time. Shoot me an e-mail if you would like to discuss more details.

Talk to you later.

-Brett

burton.122@osu.edu

if you've never used it before on exhuast then i highly recommend PB blaster, the stuff works fuckin miracles.

I got my exhuast manifold down to my cat off in about 20-30 mintues with it, its freakin amazing.

Oh and with an open-end wrench smile.gif

-Jono

Thanks to everyone who offered to help with my dp! it's in!

This morning I woke and felt ambitous (sp?), I put the car up on stands, removed some hoses and heat sheilds so I could get to the bolts and wrestled 2 of the 6 bolts loose.

With many thanks to 89TIIdutch for some extra tools and muscle we were able to get the pre-cat removed and downpipe installed in about 4.5 hours!

whiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzz, wow, I can really hear my turbo's spin up now!!! Who needs a stereo when you got such a nice whine? :D

k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nocab72:

Thanks to everyone who offered to help with my dp! it's in!

This morning I woke and felt ambitous (sp?), I put the car up on stands, removed some hoses and heat sheilds so I could get to the bolts and wrestled 2 of the 6 bolts loose.

With many thanks to 89TIIdutch for some extra tools and muscle we were able to get the pre-cat removed and downpipe installed in about 4.5 hours!

whiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzz, wow, I can really hear my turbo's spin up now!!! Who needs a stereo when you got such a nice whine? :D

k<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice job. smile.gif Yeah, I rarely ever use my stereo anymore. You'll have that. ;)

So when are we going to run??? I'm developing a taste for Doritos! bwahahaha

:D:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stolen UFO:

Nice job. smile.gif Yeah, I rarely ever use my stereo anymore. You'll have that. ;)

So when are we going to run??? I'm developing a taste for Doritos! bwahahaha

:D:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh heh heh, Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese?

;)

I've got an intake coming, new suspension and a wheels/tires set. You gotta give me time to slap all those on, you don't want an EASY dinner now do ya? heheh

moderately mod'd Supra v/s lightly mod'd RX7 is no fun, let me reach the ranks of moderately mod'd before you start pickin... :D

K

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:

We have emmissions in Ohio? I've never had to pass any somg checks or anything. I've heard about it in Cleveland but me nor either of my parents cars had to pass any emissions testing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I've only ever heard of staties doing random road side test, I've heard of it actually happening only a few times... but even though we aren't required to do a yearly test there are still such things as emissions laws and all cars are 'supposed' to meet them to be able to drive on the street. Therefore someone who is a tunner can't modify peopls cars legally without having them sign that wavier, it's a liability thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nocab72:

moderately mod'd Supra v/s lightly mod'd RX7 is no fun, let me reach the ranks of moderately mod'd before you start pickin... :D

K<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehehe All I've got is a little ol' downpipe, an exhaust everyone says is too restrictive, and a boost controller that isn't even hooked up right. ;)

Heck, you've even got that fancy, high tech replacement computer and everything. :eek:tongue.gif Maybe *I* should wait for more mods! :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stolen UFO:

hehehe All I've got is a little ol' downpipe, an exhaust everyone says is too restrictive, and a boost controller that isn't even hooked up right. ;)

Heck, you've even got that fancy, high tech replacement computer and everything. :eek:tongue.gif Maybe *I* should wait for more mods! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea, like you need to mod the car more!! ;) then again, my dorito isnt here yet :Dtongue.gif