wheel weights

walther_gsp

Anyone else have bad luck with the stick-on vs the crimp on weights? I had one come off my front wheel, took it back to the shop, they rebalanced and said it was a rarity. Well, same shop mounted/balanced a tire for me last week, and now after one spirited ride, the lead was separating from the adhesive. I have it taped down now. I'm just unsure if I should take it back and bitch again, or take it elsewhere that won't use those crappy weights.

I've never had an issue with stick weights. They're stuck like concrete to my wheel. Centrifugal force wouldn't let them fall off anyways as long as the surface is clean for it to bond really well with the rim. Poor use of them from the installer if you ask me.

Who cares about ugly. If you have black wheels just get roll of black duct tape.

Stick ons will never stay IMO. Even if you clean the wheel spotless then clean with Alcohol. There is just to much force for the weights to stay.