question on air fuel ratio guage install

Guest 90stang50

Guest 90stang50
whats up guys.....gt a question. 2000 camaro ss....got the damn guage done except one wire....its the purple wire from the guage thats supposed to tap into the o2 sensor signa wire.....my o2 sensors tho have a wrapped cover around the wires and inside the wrap there are 4 wires....so they are heated o2 sensors but how do i know which wire is the signal....they hve the letters ABCD on the harness, i tried tapping into the C wire but the guage only reads when the engine is turning over, and it quits once it is running...how do i know which wire is the signal?

Find the harness on your driver's side that is under your fuse block, next to the engine block.

Find the purple or purple/white wire(only one or the other will be there) and tap into it. That's the signal wire.

If you need help, my car will be out this weekend, and that's what's done to mine(98 LS1), so I can show you exactly what you need to do.