Best intake/head/cam setup 5.0

KlubFoot

I know everyone will have their own personal opinions about this, but I was wondering what everyone thinks the best STREETABLE intake/head/cam setup is for a 5.0 is. I will be using stock pistons so valve clearance is a factor. If you could... include examples of cars that used the setup and times they ran. Thanks! :D

I would have to say the trick flow setup would be one of the best from what I have seen. 93TANG had this setup on his with the street heat intake street heads and e303 cam and went 12.74@107.66 I believe and none of the stuff was ported. I have also seen another car at the track with the same heads but with the track heat intake, trick flow stage 1 cam, full length headers and 4.30 gears go 12.40's@110 or better.

I'd say AFR's, a TFS track heat intake, and a Ed Curtis cam is the way to go. Combine that with longtubes, and the rest of the supporting equipment and you have a 320rwhp car.

As for off the shelf stuff, A TFS combo is hard to beat.

Just keep in mind that its the entire combo that makes power, not just individual parts. smile.gif

Originally posted by buckeye:

Ok I will ask about mine here to make things compact How about a streetable setup for a carbed 351 w ? witha c-4 in front

carb?

intake?

heads?

cam?

depends on your idea of streetable and how much hp you want to make.

I'll take a stab -

carb - 750cfm BG

intake - port matched vicJR

heads - vicJR heads (my 408w made 608hp/580ftlb with unported vicJR's - hard to beat for the price)

cam - I wont touch cam specs not knowing the level of 'streetability' you're talking about. Compression ratio is going to dictate a lot as far as cam specs. I would get a hydraulic roller or a solid roller for a few more hp, if you're not afraid of checking and setting valve lash.

Nothing wrong with AFR's at all. Trick flow has a nice package that they sell now, just look in a summit catalog. I have heard, from a reliable source, that a set of AFR's(165's) and a holley intake are killer and that was with the stock cam, so just think about that with an aftermarket cam.