Local machine shop

Thomas Aquinas

Hi guys I'm new to the board and Columbus in general. I'm going to start my 383 project for my 86 iroc soon and I need to find a local shop to do the engine work. Ya know get it bored, honed, decked, etc. as well as balance my rotating assembly. I live in Westerville, but I don't care how far I have to drive to find a reputable shop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Dave, Gas Grass or Ass recommends Napa as well.

Another choice you have is M&M, those guys do quality work as well. I don't have a phone number handy but a bunch of guys on here know their number.

Wow, thanks guys!

So I have:

Napa

M&M

Performance Research

I have some calling to do. I can't wait to get this thing started. Westerville Rd... is that rt 3? Sorry new to the area. Also if anyone could elaborate on personal experiences good or bad that would be helpful. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Black Sabbath:

Dave, Gas Grass or Ass recommends Napa as well.

Another choice you have is M&M, those guys do quality work as well. I don't have a phone number handy but a bunch of guys on here know their number.

actually now that the guy who I KNOW doesn't work at Napa anymore I now recomend Earick Racing in Newark ohio

740-366-6672 ask for Brian

Hahaha thanks V8, I thought it was. So more votes for M&M. Earick racing in Newark too. Man, you guys rule. Thanks!!

Tinman - I read another post that recommends you for welding (the guy was asking about subframe connectors). Do you have your own shop or something? I might have to contact you for some exhaust work if thats cool?

Gas, Grass, or Ass (Dave) creatvie name! haha, nice Buick! what are you running in there?

Thanks again guys!!!