2000 Ponitac sunfire 2.2 4dr

Guest otakuoberon

Guest otakuoberon

I have a 2000 Pontiac sunfire 2.2 4dr. And I was wondering what I could do to make my car preform better. I also have some questions.

1.Where can i get a turbo kit for my car?

2.How do i remove the rev limiter?

3.Anything I can do to make it perform better. I jut got into cars and I love my car and I want to make it look nice and be semi-fast. Thanks

Guest nevarmore

1. Google, or check the j-body forums

2. Chip it, superchips comes to mind im sure there are others. But you dont want to remove the REV lmiter, that keeps your engine from eating itself and the transmission, you probably want to remove the speed governor.

3. Tune your driver gasket. go to the track, go rally. Best thing you can do in any car.

1) if u don't know much about cars u need to also think about learning about cars before makign it faster, or a shop that'll instlal the turbo set up for you.

2)removing rev limiter is retarded unless you hav ea built engine ready to take it

3)if u do cheap mods intake, header, exhaust. u may get 10 hp, it ain't worth the money unless ur going with the whole thing (IE turbo or other form of forced induction)

2) over reving your engine isn't going to make your car go any faster. reving your car much after it has reached it's peak HP doesn't do you any good.

3) lighten it up, you would be suprised how much faster your car runs with nothing on the back seat, trunk empty, only 1/4 to 1/8 tank of gas (5lbs per gallon) plus cutting down on wieght is free.

Guest nevarmore

Get a bucket of water, pour in some gas. Which one is on top? Can't tell? Throw in a match and look again, if the water is on top nothing happens, if the gas is on top you won't have any facial hair.

That proves that gas is less dense than water, thus it has less mass (weight) per a unit of volume. We have also proven that fire is cool.

Guest otakuoberon

Ok well what I meant was the speed limitor. Like I said I dont know much and Im trying to learn about what does what. Im looking for a turbo that will fit my engine and car make. Will Turbo hurt my engine like NOS?

Here are some parts Im putting on my car can any of you guys suggest anything else?

1. High Flow Intake System

2.Tuner Headers 4-1

3.Dual Stainless Cat Back System (but I want Rs-r)

4.High-flow Catalytic Convertor

5.Power Cores

Is there anything else that i should add? I look into superchips and se if they make one for my car. I would appreciate any help from anyone Im really getting into cars. Thanks

Originally posted by Otaku Oberon:

Im looking for a turbo that will fit my engine and car make. Will Turbo hurt my engine like NOS?

Thanks

You need to learn alot more about cars and bolt on's and power adders before you jump into this. It'll save you money, make you more power, and save alot of headaches in the long run. Go read around the internet, read some books or mag's. Good luck.

Oh, and personal opinion, your starting with the wrong car, don't take it personal. Being 'original' with your car is very over-rated when you think about how much economical sense it makes. Just making a little assumption here, but you probably don't have that kind of money to just throw away compared to a different car that you could make faster for way cheaper. There are people on here that have that kind of money, so I could be wrong. But the people that have that kind of money don't start out with slow, non-perfomance oriented, small after market cars either.

Originally posted by ttemper:

a gallon of water weighs approx 8.80 somethin lbs..how can gas weigh less?

your right it is more like 8.0 lbs per gallon, but gasoline is lighter than water, that's why it floats on top of water and can be burned while floating there :eek:

First off boosting a stock 2.2L is a bad move. THey are one of the worst motors to boost. Any more then 5 psi and it'll break at some point. For the no speed limiter you'll need a reprogram not a chip. If you want to still do the turbo and only run 5-6 psi check out www.exploitedracing.com