Who here has been screwed by Hensler Racing?

Guest James C Hensler

Guest James C Hensler

I want the people that have done business with me not " my friend or I heard that" I want the customers who feel that they have been screw'd! I want this to get out into the open and finally put a stop to all of the rumors!

Here is a chance for you to tell your story!

Scott Spencers car was damaged! Mike Ward wecked it! Fowler will atest to that! Mike is paying the Ins co and they have not talked to me since I told them Mike did it! They have worked it out! There is no lien or anything associated with the shop!

Andy's motor is the only customer's engine that I have ever built that has ever broken! It had a crank failure! I know he's is pissed but after the way he has gone about it he can go to hell!Its personal now!

Rob's gears never made a noise at all untill he went to the race track and then it started! I took that gear set out 6-7 times and it never changed the pitch of the whine! He took it somewhere else and I gave him his money back! What more does he want???

Joel gave me a used gear set and everything was done on the cheap! He has raced that car several times and now I guess it makes some noise! I warranty every rear for 1 year! So instead of bashing me on the net let me fix it for free! If I did anything wrong I'll fix it but if its the used R&P why should I fix it for free?

Thats all I can think of and I have worked on peoples cars since 1996! I have built over 127 engines from 5.0's to 350 chevys! I am tired of all the rumors! Someone with a bullit said I screwed up his gears and I THINK I have only had 2 Bullits ever in the shop and only one had gears and thats Matt Stackler and they are perfect! I have installed or showed Fowler how to install 100's or gears and everyone was checked with a dial gauge and it never left my shop unless it was perfect!

Originally posted by James C Hensler:

Joel gave me a used gear set and everything was done on the cheap! He has raced that car several times and now I guess it makes some noise! I warranty every rear for 1 year! So instead of bashing me on the net let me fix it for free! If I did anything wrong I'll fix it but if its the used R&P why should I fix it for free?

I came to you, to your face and talked about it, and planned to bring my car to you as soon as I got the car out of the garage in a month or so.

Your memory does not serve you well. The gear set was a BRAND NEW FRPP set. The only used parts were the Trac-lok (5000 miles, no visable wear on the spider gears yet) and the axles, which I had checked by a machine shop for striegtness.

If you recall the pinion nut backed off on my way home making a whine untill i was able to drive it back to you the next day (I called to ask you if i should drive it back or not) roughly 30 miles back to your shop. After you put a new nut on I let you drive it when I heard a slight whine, you said that was normal so I took your word for it because I Trust you. I Never questioned you about niether of the 2 shim kits still being unopened when i recieved the extra parts, and ignored the whine since. I even bought an aluminum d/s under your advise, which helped slightly.

Now, you are correct I made a exactly 7 trips to various tracks last year last year. You would agree my mere 230 or so rwhp should be easily handled by a 31-spline setup. But it is an out right false statement to say that I brought you a used gear.

Also, When I dropped of the car you said you would set up the gear, It seemed to me that we agreed on this, recently on this board, fowler said that he had done the work. It has nothing to do with fowlers work, only that if you recall he was just learning to do gears at the time, face to face when Jason was in the shop (he even offered to do mine for practice in person a few weekends before that)

One thing I have openly said negitive about you or your place is that if there is a problem, you seem to be too quick to assume you have done nothing wrong even before the car is looked at. Which is exactly what seems to be happening.

I, From the beginning intended on bringing my car back to you, I am not prepared to pass judgment on anything untill we opened it up like we talked about the other day, because much of the sound seems to be coming from a wheel bearing and I expect that the gear should be looked at for improper wear and to make sure the back lash is in spec still.

I have never said that I felt screwed by you and don't appreciate being painted as such, I have communicated the situation to you an fowler like men only not to recieve the same respect. I have defended you online, were you claim I am "bashing you on the net" Please post links to threads where I have done this. . .

[ 31. January 2005, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: Shrek ]

James,

Honestly, I think you're going about this all wrong... as far as a business owner is concerned, I doubt you want the negative side brought up... (remember negative impressions hold allot more bearing than positive) Maybe you should have a post asking people to post if they've had a good experience from your shop.

I have not had your shop do any work on any of my cars, but honestly, from reading your posts, I would not do business with you (other than N2O fills). Not because of what people have said, but because of the way you have worded yourself in your posts.. I understand the frustration that you are having right now, but remember these posts that you make reflect your business and unfortunately, you sound like an 18 year old in some of your posts instead of the stand up individual that you are.

This is just my $.02

No.

James, this is NOT what CR is for. You can get the fuck off of here if this is how you intend to post.

As a vendor myself, I feel your frustration. But coming onto a message board and venting is not the way to go about these situations.

Do not post like this again.