Who in town for Mustangs?

Quicksand Jesus

Oh ok..heheh! Sorry didnt get that.. Anyhoo for mod motors.. there is Modular Depot down in Cincinnati.. they are very nice to deal with and treat you right and have heard a lot of good things about them

I've also heard many good things about Modular Depot. I just wondered if there was anything closer.

Buckeye - I'll give you a call, I take it that your sig is you shop??

I just thought there was a shop that focused on stangs around here. Who did the work to that GT? And if you did the work, where did you figure out what to get?

on my Cobra I have

-ported eaton

-2.76 pulley

-Tunable Induction CAI

-BBK X-pipe

-Borla Stinger Cat-back

-Custom SCT Dyno tune by www.hellapower.com

that makes 464whp and 458wtq

I'm wanting to look at what options I have to go further. It would be nice to talk to some people that have taken it farther than me and are willing to share their experience.

Lots of people in my experiences with mod motors dont wanna deal with them and this and that. I go all the way to PA to get my car tuned cause believe me I have had some BAD experiences with mine. But, Cincy isnt that far from here.. I think if you find a good place that specializes in the car you have.. its worth it.

Some sites to check out for mod motor cars...

www.modulardepot.com

www.modularpowerhouse.com (this place builds some BADASS cars!!) Very good on there tech srticles!

I had an 03 Cobra, and IPS (http://www.ipsmotorsports.net) did all the work on my car, and they did a great job. They aren't a "mustang" shop per se, but they really don't need to be. Besides, I wouldn't trust taking my car to any of the "mustang" shops that I know of here in town.

Your numbers sound low, especially if those numbers are coming from the flywheel and not actual rear-wheel numbers. With your mods, you should be putting down in the area of 480-500rwhp. Maybe your tune is too conservative?

IPS in conjunction with DynoTune Motorsports did all the tuning on my 03 Cobra, and it turned out great. With a new tune alone, I picked up like 30rwhp.

What direction are you looking to go in next with the car? The most logical, easiest, and most cost-effective step would be to add nitrous. With your mods, on just a 50-shot, you can put down some monster numbers. Just for a frame of reference, I didn't have a ported eaton, I ran a larger pulley (2.93), and I didn't have an x-pipe, but, on a 75-shot of spray, I put down over 550rwhp and over 650rwtq in my 03 Cobra.

In the end, there is no local "authority" on 03 Cobras. And anyone who says otherwise locally is lying to you.

Kauffman Motorsports was the best tuner I have ever found besides Modular Powerhouse .. and I do agree with John about not going to any stang shops locally!!

Dr. Z06s Cobra was very impressive so hopefully you can bump up your numbers and get it busting some butt too! smile.gif

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

In the end, there is no local "authority" on 03 Cobras. And anyone who says otherwise locally is lying to you.

If there is no authority, I think we are as close as it gets - I'm co-author of SCT's 120+ page Dealer's Tuning Manual, co-author of SCT's Pro Racer Package Tuning manual and we work for SCT training new dealers how to tune - we have trained new SCT dealers all over the country. We are one of SCT's first dealers and the first in Ohio. We have tuned TONS of '03-04 Cobras and Lightnings, both here in Columbus, in Akron for Big Shot Dyno and on dynotune days we have done in conjunction with dealer tuning sessions. I have written 99% of SCT's product manuals, the dealers and Racers flash tuning tutorials and the recent XCalibrator 2 software tutorial videos seen here: http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I also do dealer support for SCT - I take phone calls from dealers daily with problem cars - you'd be surprised at some of the big name national dealers we have helped. I could go on, but I don't want to blow our own horn ... LOL!!! Just didn't want anyone to forget we are here too! And I ain't lyin' !!!

Amy - The only contact I've ever had with you, I though I was being helpful, even though you were not a paying customer of ours - I'm sorry if we did something to elicit such a response from you...

I will also concur that both Brian Turner and Ken at the Modular Depot are honest people, run great shops and know their stuff - most of the SCT dealers in Ohio get along terrifically - we are all friends!!

Don

http://www.lasotaracing.com

Guest srt-4
Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

I had an 03 Cobra, and IPS (http://www.ipsmotorsports.net) did all the work on my car, and they did a great job. They aren't a "mustang" shop per se, but they really don't need to be. Besides, I wouldn't trust taking my car to any of the "mustang" shops that I know of here in town.

Your numbers sound low, especially if those numbers are coming from the flywheel and not actual rear-wheel numbers. With your mods, you should be putting down in the area of 480-500rwhp. Maybe your tune is too conservative?

IPS in conjunction with DynoTune Motorsports did all the tuning on my 03 Cobra, and it turned out great. With a new tune alone, I picked up like 30rwhp.

What direction are you looking to go in next with the car? The most logical, easiest, and most cost-effective step would be to add nitrous. With your mods, on just a 50-shot, you can put down some monster numbers. Just for a frame of reference, I didn't have a ported eaton, I ran a larger pulley (2.93), and I didn't have an x-pipe, but, on a 75-shot of spray, I put down over 550rwhp and over 650rwtq in my 03 Cobra.

That's awesome!! That's what I wanted was a point of reference. You know, someone that has been there before. I have looked at IPS and heard good things about them.

Oh, my numbers were WHP on the Dyno at Auto Exotica. My A/F was dead even at 11.3:1 becuase I was thinking of being on the safe side for the Nitrous down the road. That 50 shot sounds mighty appealing!! I've also been looking into the Kenne Bell and Whipple options......

Right now I think I have some serious belt slippage issues and the Billetflow idler kit is sitting on the floor. But I had to special order the damn Gatorback belt since no one seems to stock them. I've also learned that the 275 555R's are junk and I wasted my money. Maybe we could meet up sometime and talk about cars and stuff. And maybe I could get a ride in that Z06??

Originally posted by Don 95Vert:

If there is no authority, I think we are as close as it gets... http://www.lasotaracing.com

Sorry, I wasn't thinking of you guys when I responded. Rob's always been great to consult with, and I've never heard a negative thing about Lasota Racing.

Originally posted by srt-4:

Maybe we could meet up sometime and talk about cars and stuff. And maybe I could get a ride in that Z06??

Sure, we're usually out on the weekends at the usual spots (e.g., Hooters, Krogers).

[ 01. July 2005, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Z06 ]

No problem Doc 06 - I knew you weren't ragging on us - we are so busy doing other things I just wanted to make sure we were an option too!

BTW: Watched your car at Larue the other night - NICE! A Vette like yours is one of the few cars I'd trade my beast in for... If traction wasn't like a boat launch ramp at Alum Creek, I'm sure your ETs would have really fallen. I better get on Rob's case to get my cage done - looks like my #1 track ranking may be in jeopardy with some of you guys!!

Don

Originally posted by Jumpin' Jack Flash:

I've also heard many good things about Modular Depot. I just wondered if there was anything closer.

go though the trouble to get it done right, they are awesome in terms of customer scervice. and sicnce they port eaton blowers you could probibly get a good deal if you got the work done by them themselves.

Originally posted by Redneck #1:

go though the trouble to get it done right, they are awesome in terms of customer scervice. and sicnce they port eaton blowers you could probibly get a good deal if you got the work done by them themselves.

But his blower is already ported. You thinking they'd maybe do an exchange on something (e.g., swapping in the ported eaton for a KB and get a price reduction for it)?