new addition to the driveway

Guest tbirdchick

Guest tbirdchick

i never thought it would happen but it did, I now have a black 1998 Talon Tsi Awd with leather interior. i have a list of mods i will be doing to it once i get a few things settled.

im considering on selling my thunderbird and everything will go with it, headers suspension, exhaust, and so on. .

Guest tbirdchick
im not a traitor i still love my tbird, i may keep it smile.gif you have the hood i wanted for my car! you suck! i've helped build two dsm's already so i know a great deal more about them and don't need much help when working on it. the tbird it seems like it doesn't want to be touched, everytime i try to work on it nothing with come loose or a 30min job ends up to be a 5 hour job just working on one bolt even with all the tools in the world. besides i couldn't pass up my love of AWD turbo vehicles that only cost me $6500!

Guest tbirdchick
oh yeah your right happens in 2gens, i may have been thinking of something else. read too many articles today i guess. i like the wheels on my car stock 17" wheels, it has a eclipse hatch on it with a gs spoiler.

Guest tbirdchick
the 95 talon i worked on had 179k miles on the stock engine. installed a evo III 16g has apexi fuel management and so forth, and still no problems with crankwalk.

Usually if it doesn't do it 'early' in life it won't do it. The design change in the engine just made it more probable for it to happen. Defeat the natural safety switch on the clutch and leave it natural when you park it if at all possible. This way you do not have to put the clutch in on startup, which supposedly helps. If you put a clutch in it with a heavy pressure plate it will probably get it (crankwalk). That car is still fairly 'young' for crankwalk. Good luck, have a 6 bolt ready to put in just in case. Congrats on the buy, go hop on www.ColumbusDSM.com if you’re not already. graemlins/thumb.gif

Seriously, the crankwalk song from people who know little to nothing about these cars is getting about as old and is about as valid as hearing Cold Air grunt about apex seals.

Guest tbirdchick
believe me im prepared for anything that may come along, i know quite a bit about these cars from experience working on them and building them up. i have 2 1g blocks awaiting to be built up in case something happens and 2 turbo's still in good condition too. i've got a 1g bov im going to put on it when i get a chance. I've been a member of columbusdsm.com for over a year, something to read when im board and what not :0