AAA Members

nurkvinny

How many of you belong to AAA? Has it been worth the money? I'm familiar with the benefits, just curious if current members think it's worth it. My wife knows how to change a tire, and only drives between Newark and Zanesville.

tia.

I'm a gold member and it's worth every penny, especially if you travel a lot. With all of the people I've bailed out and all of the money I've saved on hotel shit, it's well worth the $60 or whatever a year.

Guest Tony_K

I've never been a member because towing coverage only costs $2 on my insurance, I can read a map, and use priceline to get cheap hotels.

However, my girlfriend's parents used their AAA to save me a hundred bucks when I needed to flatbed a project car that I didn't have insured. I also feel kind of funny using the towing reimbursement with my insurance - like I'm taking advantage of them, so I try not to unless it is a real emergency.

Originally posted by Jooomer:

I'm a gold member and it's worth every penny, especially if you travel a lot. With all of the people I've bailed out and all of the money I've saved on hotel shit, it's well worth the $60 or whatever a year.

It's like 80 or so for me because I got Erica on there too. Worth it!!!

My mom has it for her 1972 motorhome that she goes to Mid Ohio and back in and she used it 3 times the first year we got the thing till I got all the bugs from sitting for 8 years fixed. 3 tows from Mid Ohio to the East side in one year made us thank god we had it and aaa pissed we did :D

Originally posted by Jooomer:

werd to da max.

My mom gets me the gold membership every year for X-mas. Sadly you only get 4 uses/year. I went over the 4 uses easily last year (2 of the first ones weren't even my vehicles :rolleyes: ). I used it 3 or 4 times the year before. I used it once already this year.

AAA is a MUST

Guest Tony_K
Seems like a lot of people use their AAA to tow other people's cars! Okay, my advice, NurkVinny, is save your money and just mooch off of someone else! tongue.gif

Guest monkey4sale321
I don't have it, but when my brother, my friend (he's a aaa member) and i crashed going 95... long story.. aaa became our best friend

Thanks for the replies.

Now, let me ask you this - would you still be a member if you owned a car trailer and your family owned a repair shop?

To be honest, the only reason I am even considering it is for the wife. She broke down on 70 last year right around Children's Hospital @ 1am in the morning (in her old car). Gotta admit, I didn't feel too safe about that.

The other factor is that her and I both drive fairly new cars.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and get it since it covers whatever car I'm in, and I'll likely be riding in several CR member's cars. smile.gif

AAA rocks everytime i take a road trip i just go in there and get all the maps my heart desires.

also i've used it twice! once on the POS audi, my jack was fucked up so i had to call them.

and once for the RX-7, i even requested a flatbed and they didn't charge me extra.

Guest visualpoet
I don't now, but I did when I was on the road for my job. Worth every penny. My 1989 E-150 conversion died at a rest area just west of Ft. Wayne, Indiana at about 6 in the morning. I'd rolled in to take a nap, started it with tht remote start so it would shut off and wake me up when it got too cold in the van. It shut off and nothing would start it. They had a flatbed out and hauled me and the van to the Ford dealer in northern FT. Wayne. (They also get a well deserved recommendation, they had it started and in the garage and were fixing it before I was done filling out paperwork for the tow truck driver!) Even if you never use it, the peace of mind is well worth the membership fee.

I've never used it personally, even though I do have it. I did have a friend who's car broke down in a parking lot and he called me to come pick him up so he could get back to his apartment to find his card and the number. After he called the tow truck got there really quick and the service was pretty good. I'm glad I have it even though I haven't used it yet, and hopefully never will have to.