Troy Smith = Out

black00ws6

Ok, the latest speculation is this.

Thursday a 2002 OSU National Championship ring sold on E-Bay for $10,000. The ring had a name on it, and the player who sold the ring is a current player. The latest rumors are that Smith was the one who sold his ring.

If this is true, I would kick his stupid ass off of the team. If he doesn't have enough pride to keep his National Championship ring, he doesn't have enough pride to be a buckeye

Originally posted by The_Wang_Of_Fury:

Ok, the latest speculation is this.

Thursday a 2002 OSU National Championship ring sold on E-Bay for $10,000. The ring had a name on it, and the player who sold the ring is a current player. The latest rumors are that Smith was the one who sold his ring.

If this is true, I would kick his stupid ass off of the team. If he doesn't have enough pride to keep his National Championship ring, he doesn't have enough pride to be a buckeye

Yep.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

But would that be against NCAA AND OSU rules to sell the ring?? That is basically given to him, right, which means it is his property. Or do they have specific rules about that?? Regardless, it is pretty shitty to go and sell something like that.

When the Georgia Bulldogs won the Sugar Bowl in 2002, a number of the players sold their SEC championship rings on eBay. At first they were going to be suspended, but there wasn't a precedent set at the time. They said any future cases would be considered an NCAA violation.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

But would that be against NCAA AND OSU rules to sell the ring?? That is basically given to him, right, which means it is his property. Or do they have specific rules about that?? Regardless, it is pretty shitty to go and sell something like that.

In my mind it doesn't matter. IF it is true, I think Troy should be permenantly kicked off of the team

Originally posted by The_Wang_Of_Fury:

speculation

That is all that this is, period!

IF that is his ring, he sold it to someone in the spring and now this eBay auction brought attention to it.

For those of you who went to college, how many times while there did you wish you had $100? $1000? Now I'm not condoning selling a N.C. ring, nor would I have sold it if it were mine, BUT $10,000 for a piece of gawdy jewelry that most of us would never wear. I'd sure have thought about selling it a few dozen times.

Originally posted by Rotarded:

That is all that this is, period!

IF that is his ring, he sold it to someone in the spring and now this eBay auction brought attention to it.

For those of you who went to college, how many times while there did you wish you had $100? $1000? Now I'm not condoning selling a N.C. ring, nor would I have sold it if it were mine, BUT $10,000 for a piece of gawdy jewelry that most of us would never wear. I'd sure have thought about selling it a few dozen times.

It's called pride

Originally posted by Rotarded:

I agree, but the price of pride is always negotiable, sadly.

No its not. If he doesn't have pride for his team, he should have his scholarship revoked. In high school one of our best players was overheard talking shit about our school by one of the coaches. You bet he sat out the whole next game, and had to work his way back up to being a starter. If Troy really did sell his NC ring, he should be booted from the team.