Infected by Spyware

Dr. Pomade

I'm not allowed to log on to any site by way of Internet Explorer here on my home PC because it says I've been infected with spyware. My alternative is Mozilla, which I'm using now, but a lot of times Mozilla won't allow me to download things that I can with Internet Explorer. Anyway, I'd like to have my Internet Explorer back. Is there any way of getting rid of the spyware for free? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to do three things. You'll need to first run a trojan virus cleaner program (I have one, hit me up on AIM if you want it -- it's not too big of a file if you're on dial up -- it's a 30 day trial version, but all you'll need to do is update it, make sure it's setup to scan your ENTIRE system including compressed shit), then you need adaware, update it, run it wipe everything clean. The third thing is you need to open up Internet Explorer, go to Tools-->Manage Add-ons. Once in there you need to disable everything that has nothing to do with the software engine itself -- I have about 20 things disabled and 2-3 things enabled. What happens is while you surf the web, crap gets installed in the background as attachments to IE (amongst other forms of spyware) and they hit you with pop ups constantly, so the add-ons themselves have to be disabled).

I also run the Ad-Watch feature of ad aware in the background of my system -- it blocks 90% of my pop ups automatically as well as watches my running processes and registry.

Hope that helps man. I've cleaned out several systems including my own with the problems you describe. Hopefully your system isn't so far gone to where you have to format.

Good luck.

hey john i had these spyware problems and those programs wouldn't do it for me i had to reformat my computer and now they are gone, all i use is mozilla.

the reason some of the stuff doesn't work is you need to download the plug in or whatever and i'll be fine. just takes a few mins and it'll be all set up.

but if its fixed, more power to you.

I deal with Spyware issues on a VERY regular basis as part of my job.

Click here for Ad Aware SE 1.05

Click here for Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3

Trend Mirco's Houscall free virus scanning and removal program

Follow these instructions:

- Reboot PC in safe mode (reboot, and keep hitting F8 until it gives the boot options, select Safe Mode w/ Network support

- Download Ad Aware and Spybot w/ the links I gave you

- Install Ad Aware, HAVE IT CHECK FOR AND INSTALL UPDATES, and run it.

- Install Spybot, have it install all updates. To speed up the process, select advanced options, and turn off its ability to create restore points. Run Spybot.

- Reboot PC in normal mode. Run Ad Aware again (this is important). If it gives you anything about not being able to remove something, and you need to do a reboot for it to do so, select yet and reboot.

- Run Spybot, do the same thing as above.

- NOW go to the Trend Micro site and have it virus scan. That thing takes forever, but it does a very thorough job. Remove any viruses it finds.

This should clear up your problems. If not, post back and I have a few other little tricks for you, but this works in 99% of cases.

Edit; crap, I didn't see you already fixed it. What I have above is for more severe cases.