Over twenty-thousand dead and rising!

excell

probably (and hopefully) the worst cataclysm our generation will see. Those shores are some of the most densly populated in the world. Compounded by the fact that its all poor, and there was no plans/preparations made for emergency tsunami evacuation, I am not realy suprised by the number.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

probably (and hopefully) the worst cataclysm our generation will see. Those shores are some of the most densly populated in the world. Compounded by the fact that its all poor, and there was no plans/preparations made for emergency tsunami evacuation, I am not realy suprised by the number.

I sure hope so. That is absolutely terrible. :(

The waves went as far as Africa! :eek:

"All the planet is vibrating" from the quake, said Enzo Boschi, the head of Italy's National Geophysics Institute. Speaking on SKY TG24 TV, Boschi said the quake even disturbed the Earth's rotation.
:eek::eek::eek:

Originally posted by Old Dirty Bastard 3,000:

"the quake even disturbed the Earth's rotation." graemlins/eek2.gif Damn that is some day after tommorrow shit right there

Just what I was thinking. Also, does anybody know if this is the biggest quake ever?

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by AustinL911:

Just what I was thinking. Also, does anybody know if this is the biggest quake ever?

I just read that it was the biggest quake of the past forty years, and the fourth biggest of the century. I just cant believe that vibrations could be detected all over the planet! :eek:

Originally posted by Old Dirty Bastard 3,000:

"the quake even disturbed the Earth's rotation." graemlins/eek2.gif Damn that is some day after tommorrow shit right there

Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

was talking with some one at work and they read the earthquake was so strong that it changed the earths rotation. how it was changed that i dont know.

graemlins/slap.gif

Originally posted by Tulo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speci@lized.:

was talking with some one at work and they read the earthquake was so strong that it changed the earths rotation. how it was changed that i dont know.

graemlins/slap.gif </font>redface.gif