WTF are churches for?

Mark1647545493

Originally posted by Mike_Shepard:

another crook is rod parsley. Why is it neccasary to have a big church like that

+1

That motherfucker has a heated driveway. Rod Parsley runs a cult, not a religious church denomination.

[ 18. July 2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Elinar Longsight ]

Originally posted by Mike_Shepard:

another crook is rod parsley. Why is it neccasary to have a big church like that

Is that the New Horizon church? There's also an affiliate to it in Lancaster across 33 from A.S.K.

I can't believe that people would still go to that church after something like that..

Originally posted by Lustalbert:

Organized religion is stupid.

fo shizzle.

in the words of Serendipity, in DOGMA

"When are you people going to learn? It's not about who's right or wrong. No denomination's nailed it yet, and they never will because they're all too self-righteous to realize that it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains need to wake up."

Originally posted by Doug:

You can go back and forth all day but in the end neither person is right or wrong.

Wrong too. Someone is definitely right and someone is definitely wrong. You'd better hope you are right.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Heres a story for you... there was a church that burned to the ground yesterday. I watched it flame and burn to the ground.

Some church up in polaris.. King Of Christ church I think?

christ the king, a really good church i had alot of friends that went there. news to me that it burned down though, when did you see this?

Originally posted by Same Ol G:

Yes, but it may take an eternity to determine the winner.

graemlins/nutkick.gif

Damn truth. Fuck, you can go back and forth about whether or not major points of what is basically the same religion are true or not.

In most (if not all) religions except for whatever is going on in Asia, there is one god. As far as Judaism is concerned, it pretty much ends there.

Christianity adds another character to worship and twice as many pages to their history book. Thus we have Jesus. Jews acknowledge the presence of this person, but do not place him above any other holy people.

Islam claims that Jesus was not the last messiah or whatever, and have a followup character that claimed to have spoken to god and wrote the Quran. This religion renamed god to allah.

Mormon's added to the Christian bible, saying someone from the 1700's or some shit was a very important part of their religion and deserves praise. Until the U.S. government came into play they enjoyed a life of polygamy and going door to door annoying people.

I just listed five (VERY condensed) examples of religion that are based off of the same beliefs. There are also uncountable other religions out there. Which one is most accurate? Are the Mormon's right, and every Jew/Christian/Muslim out there (the majority of world religion) fucked for all eternity? Or could the Jews be right and god is up there laughing at all the dumbfucks? Or should we be worshipping the land and end our polluting of it?

Or do dolphins hold our destiny?

I'm not out to change anyone's mind here, and I wish others would stop attempting to change mine. Feel good about your beliefs, but make sure they stay your own.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

The second coming of Flipper.

Actually the followers of peggy don't believe the flipper was actually here the first time.

And we're waiting for him to come around again to bring us all home.

graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Same Ol G:

Actually the followers of peggy don't believe the flipper was actually here the first time.

And we're waiting for him to come around again to bring us all home.

graemlins/lol.gif

OMG FREE TEH WILLAY

Originally posted by copperhead:

Islam claims that Jesus was not the last messiah or whatever, and have a followup character that claimed to have spoken to god and wrote the Quran. This religion renamed god to allah.

Their last messiah was named Mohammed, which is why many milldle easterners are named Mohammed.