getting rid of unwanted clothes?

Guest mithesaint

Guest mithesaint
I need to get rid of some clothes I don't wear anymore. Any suggestions where to do that? I've got a bunch from my fiance too. Looking for charities or something similar. I could take them too goodwill or something, but a charity would be better. Thanks.

The Kidney Foundation. They will come to your house and pick them up if you schedule it with them. They leave a donation slip there and you can fill it out with whatever you think the stuff might have been worth to write off on your taxes at the end of the year. I think the form has some generic stuff like a sweater is x amount, ect.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

The Kidney Foundation. They will come to your house and pick them up if you schedule it with them. They leave a donation slip there and you can fill it out with whatever you think the stuff might have been worth to write off on your taxes at the end of the year. I think the form has some generic stuff like a sweater is x amount, ect.

Yup yup.

Guest mithesaint
Originally posted by Lustalbert:

Amvets does pickups as well.

Is your fiance is hot? Dibs on her underwear. tongue.gif

Of course she's hot!!! Sorry about the underwear....I'm already wearing it.....on my head.....ANYWAY...

The kidney foundation do evening pickups? That would make it a lot easier, otherwise, I'd prefer to drop it off somewhere.

Guest mithesaint
Wasn't there some store in the dispatch a week ago for families in the service to get clothes from? I remember seeing it, but that newspaper is already in the recycle bin. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Originally posted by mithesaint:

The kidney foundation do evening pickups? That would make it a lot easier, otherwise, I'd prefer to drop it off somewhere.

They have always came during the day to our house. You just put everything you want them to pick up on the front pourch and write KF on it and they will take it. They tell you what day they will come so you know when to put it out.