coshocton cops suck

Black ITR Guy

tonight me and a bunch of of my friends were sitting in a little shoping center plaza, minding our own buisness having fun not making any disturbance for anyone else and a cop pulls up and tells us to leave. so we pick up the trash around some of it was ours and some that wasnt and leave, we all relocate at a closed down big bear parking lot just up the road. its not 3mins later the same cop pulls up, really pissed off i might add and proceeds to take everyones driver licence. i myself was spun into a whole new dimension of pissed off when he screams out "scheetz whats the last four digits of your social security number?" i gladly give it to him and he proceedes to talk to the dispatch on the radio. again he yells out "scheetz, is your dad named dwaine? i used to play ball with him." now i guess in cop terms this makes us buddies cuz as soon as he starts giving our stuff back he decides to put his arm around me and tell me its ok we arent gonna get tickets tonight but our names have been put on a list and if we are cought sitting anywhere but on main street our cars will be impounded and we get some nice fines. is this right? we werent doing anything wrong. its a joke that this guy has enough time on his hands to follow a group of law abiding kids around and run our licences over the radio. sorry for the rant but im kinda pissed.

coshocton cops < the runny watery stuff in a hot dog packages

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by copper pee:

small town cops have nothing better to do than chase kids out of parking lots. And yes, they can arrest you and impound cars, that's criminal trespassing.

I thought they had to have a complaint from the property owner to do that? Or is that just to make the charges stick.

small town cops have nothing better to do than chase kids out of parking lots. And yes, they can arrest you and impound cars, that's criminal trespassing.

It is not criminal trespassing because nothin criminal is being done. First off it sounds like private property so unless the owner of the property asked them to make you leave then they can do nothing. If you wanted to get real shitty with the cops then you could have told him to go to hell because he had no probable cause to ask you for your ID. It is called the 4th amendment. Read up on it. All the search and seizure laws are there. Honestly cops can pretty much do whatever they want but if you drag them in to court on this then they will lose. I was in the Police academy and we spent a lot of time on this stuff. You would be amazed at all the illegal stuff cops do and the loop holes that you can use to nail them to a fucking wall. I think when cops let their egos guide them then they should not be a cop anymore. Go to the library and read the ORC and you will understand what I am talking about. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW THEIR RIGHTS AND HOW TO STOP COPS FROM HARRASSSING THEM THEN READ UP ON THE ORC AND KNOW YOUR 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

Originally posted by jallen100:

It is not criminal trespassing because nothin criminal is being done. First off it sounds like private property so unless the owner of the property asked them to make you leave then they can do nothing. If you wanted to get real shitty with the cops then you could have told him to go to hell because he had no probable cause to ask you for your ID. It is called the 4th amendment. Read up on it. All the search and seizure laws are there. Honestly cops can pretty much do whatever they want but if you drag them in to court on this then they will lose. I was in the Police academy and we spent a lot of time on this stuff. You would be amazed at all the illegal stuff cops do and the loop holes that you can use to nail them to a fucking wall. I think when cops let their egos guide them then they should not be a cop anymore. Go to the library and read the ORC and you will understand what I am talking about. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW THEIR RIGHTS AND HOW TO STOP COPS FROM HARRASSSING THEM THEN READ UP ON THE ORC AND KNOW YOUR 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

IT'S CALLED LOITERING!

the plaza was private property thats why we moved to big bear its closed down so there fore we thought it is ok.....guess not. he told us to head to main street and we could play all our loud music (which there was none playing) and do whatever we wanted to do there. we werent there more than a half hour and and we decided to actually play some music it wasnt loud just enoght to set some mood and be able to talk over until another cop comes by and tells up to turn the music off and be quiet. it sounds to me like someone missed a memo, meeting, or something. but another thing that twists my nipples was that he took about 7 ids all guys and never asked for one from a girl. he even said hi to the one, called her sweety and asked how she was doing! sexist pig (haha pig......no offence to the police officers on here you guys are cool)

. And yes, they can arrest you and impound cars, that's criminal trespassing. yes

It is not criminal trespassing because nothin criminal is being done.

maybe but in does also cover to commit a crimal act. thats means they have not yet, but could due to them being on a closed lot.

and it could be trespassing and illegal

First off it sounds like private property so unless the owner of the property asked them to make you leave then they can do nothing.

wrong again officers have the right to enforce the law on private property that it used for public use and even a closed down lot can be used publicly.

If you wanted to get real shitty with the cops then you could have told him to go to hell because he had no probable cause to ask you for your ID. It is called the 4th amendment.

4 th amendment is good but that would have landing him in hot for disorderly conduct and maybe in jail. you have the right to voice a statement even cuss, but acting in a manner that others would deem as offensive is in violation of the law.

and failure to produce an ID in this state is an arrestable offence and try refusing to sign a ticket that too will land you behind bars too.

also probable cause as writen in this state is anything that would lead a normal person to believe that a crime is being or has been or could be committed. on a parking lot of a closed business leads the officer to believe that a crime could be committed due to breaking and entering, vandilism, criminal mischief, theft and so on. that why the can stop any one on a closed or shut down store or building. also don't count out local laws that are not in the state book and can be anything that is voted in to effect. Ashland Ky you live there and let you grass go over 2 1/2 inchs you can go to jail and recieve a 250.00$ fine a day until cut, legal yes but only as a city law.

All the search and seizure laws are there. Honestly cops can pretty much do whatever they want but if you drag them in to court on this then they will lose.

you better be good, and have a law degree. you know right: plain veiw, reach area, terry pat, resonable cause.. just for a few and i can recite them chapter and verse and so can every OSP and county officer. and most do follow the search and seizure law plus we are supplied with update cases monthly so dragging a cop into court on it you might have a 90% chance of losing you ass.

I was in the Police academy and we spent a lot of time on this stuff.

if i had to do my job just on what i learned in the academy on laws and there use then i would be sued. the laws change every month and the way there taught in the academy is the easy strait to the basic point so not to over load you. thats why you don't go from the academy to the road. most if any can not handle it without at least three months traning officer help. trust me 10 years of work, 8 month academy, 2 year law enforcement degree, years of learning not to do as i was taught in the academy cause as honest as i can be it's a guild and not a wrote in stone how to course.

if you disagree do to academy training that fine this was not a flame but the advise you were giving could hurt someone or get them in the county lock up.

little words of advise: to county and city officer there is no such thing as private property anymore, our scope to act on property has increase this year. you can now even get a DUI on private property even if its your own if your operating a motor vehicle or atv. it comes from a private property incident were a person said its my property i can do as i please, so they let a 10 year old drive while the drunkenly adult sat in the passenger seat and a 11 and 12 year old rode on the hood. a bump then the 11 year old fell and the car went over her. you can guess the rest.

the laws our made for the public not the person even if you would not do a criminal act on a lot an officer has to treat you the same or he profiling saying one person looks like a criminal and one don't.

Originally posted by deputylightning:

maybe but in does also cover to commit a crimal act. thats means they have not yet, but could due to them being on a closed lot.

First off it sounds like private property so unless the owner of the property asked them to make you leave then they can do nothing.

wrong again officers have the right to enforce the law on private property that it used for public use and even a closed down lot can be used publicly.

If you wanted to get real shitty with the cops then you could have told him to go to hell because he had no probable cause to ask you for your ID. It is called the 4th amendment.

4 th amendment is good but that would have landing him in hot for disorderly conduct and maybe in jail. you have the right to voice a statement even cuss, but acting in a manner that others would deem as offensive is in violation of the law.

and failure to produce an ID in this state is an arrestable offence and try refusing to sign a ticket that too will land you behind bars too.

also probable cause as writen in this state is anything that would lead a normal person to believe that a crime is being or has been or could be committed. on a parking lot of a closed business leads the officer to believe that a crime could be committed due to breaking and entering, vandilism, criminal mischief, theft and so on. that why the can stop any one on a closed or shut down store or building. also don't count out local laws that are not in the state book and can be anything that is voted in to effect. Ashland Ky you live there and let you grass go over 2 1/2 inchs you can go to jail and recieve a 250.00$ fine a day until cut, legal yes but only as a city law.

All the search and seizure laws are there. Honestly cops can pretty much do whatever they want but if you drag them in to court on this then they will lose.

you better be good, and have a law degree. you know right: plain veiw, reach area, terry pat, resonable cause.. just for a few and i can recite them chapter and verse and so can every OSP and county officer. and most do follow the search and seizure law plus we are supplied with update cases monthly so dragging a cop into court on it you might have a 90% chance of losing you ass.

if i had to do my job just on what i learned in the academy on laws and there use then i would be sued. the laws change every month and the way there taught in the academy is the easy strait to the basic point so not to over load you. thats why you don't go from the academy to the road. most if any can not handle it without at least three months traning officer help. trust me 10 years of work, 8 month academy, 2 year law enforcement degree, years of learning not to do as i was taught in the academy cause as honest as i can be it's a guild and not a wrote in stone how to course.

if you disagree do to academy training that fine this was not a flame but the advise you were giving could hurt someone or get them in the county lock up.

little words of advise: to county and city officer there is no such thing as private property anymore, our scope to act on property has increase this year. you can now even get a DUI on private property even if its your own if your operating a motor vehicle or atv. it comes from a private property incident were a person said its my property i can do as i please, so they let a 10 year old drive while the drunkenly adult sat in the passenger seat and a 11 and 12 year old rode on the hood. a bump then the 11 year old fell and the car went over her. you can guess the rest.

the laws our made for the public not the person even if you would not do a criminal act on a lot an officer has to treat you the same or he profiling saying one person looks like a criminal and one don't.

I agree with what you are saying and your 10 years outweigh my 6 months in the academy. I am aware of the Terry pat (which is supposed to only be used if the office feels that the suspect has a weapon) and plain view and all that other stuff. And also about DUI's on private property and such. My point is this. I was not telling them not to sign a ticket. That is a quick trip to County. But if an officer comes up to me and asks me for my ID and he has no probable cause and I am doing nothing wrong then it is against my 4th amendment rights. Why should I have to identify myself when there is no reason to. Yeah you will probably get a trip to county but do you honestly think it will fly in court even with an average attorney. Hell no. Like I said most cops can stretch the law to suit what they are doing and to try and justify what they did. And they usually get away with that stuff because most people dont know their rights. And most people will not follow up on this stuff because it is such a hassel or they can't afford an attorney. I am not saying anything bad about cops. Just that they stretch things to justify an arrest or some type of harrassment or whatever. Some cops are like that. I guaramntee that if your ducks are in a row then you will win in court.

Also I agree that they have the right to enforce on public property. But they don't have the right to tell you to leave. How do they know that the owner did not give you permission? And I would have to argue with you about Probable cause due to it being a closed lot. C'mon that is reaching. If you go to court and tell the Judge that a cop pulled in to a parking lot with 40 cars in it and started asking for ideas because he thought you were going to vandalise something. The judge would dismiss in a sec. If that is the case you might as well stand outside Kroger and ask everyone for their ID as the exit because you think they may have shoplifted. You deffinitly have more knowledge on this than me but this is my 2 cents from what I learned in the academy. You may have to take a trip to jail but you have to ask yourself if this is truly legal and can you win in court. Knowing your 4th amendment rights and the ins and outs of PC and some other related issues is important.

Hey are you with Franklin? If so Tell Deputy Holt I said he is a bitch. And tell Deputy Hurst the same.

Hey are you with Franklin? If so Tell Deputy Holt I said he is a bitch. And tell Deputy Hurst the same.

Unfortunately, that post just really made you lose allot of points for someone I'd take advice on the law about graemlins/nonono.gif

Those guys were in the academy with me and are pretty close friends of mine to this day.

ok, nevermind then tongue.gif I was thinking that you had a bad run-in with them or something.

If say a cop makes you get out of your vehicle, searches it and your passengers, takes your flashlight from the emergency kit, and 3 pocket knives all being under 4" blade? Why was I initially pulled over? Because "I was going to be out after curfew because it is 5 min away from curfew, and you live 30 min away"

And I can now get a DUI for mowing my grass drunk? WTF is the world coming too?

sorry guys

but the way i'm telling you about the law on just a parking lot is true to the law even if it seems like its unfair or unlawful. do i agree with all ohio law no but i do enforce them. 40 people on a lot maybe no PC for vandalism but could i win to a judge by saying that i feared that a fight might be, or will be occurring

..yes. it would fly. also if you in a area know for criminal acts and they have logged in records of thoses in the area resonable cause lets you stop and ID and log them in as being there and terry pat would allow me a limited search of there persons and being in a car would give me a reach area search.

i was only trying to warn every one that a law can be stretched or bent to cover things that at first you would not think that it covers. and in saying that the officer could win that case in court.

also you don't need a owners permisson to run someone off a lot and if they have permisson to be there a quick call to the owner or them having a writen consent to be there works great but the officer still has the right to check to see if you have permisson

i will say this i'm all for cruising and for sitting somewhere and talking on a lot. and i say if your in the middle of a city area well lite parking lot and toward the entrance and not the store end i don't do stops on those types. but one or two cars in a darkened area near a store yes i do but i don't cite them unless there doing something else other than just parking and talking. i do run them off to a open lot like walmart or something were they can talk with out law enforcement checking them every 5 minutes.

and believe it or not it does not take a lot of PC to ask for someone's ID.

i will say this some officer take the letter of the law to heart and push it. when i tell some one here something i'm and giving you the letter of the law as it would say in the ORC but in plain down to earth terms. i also tell you what you can do if you think your in the right to fix it if caught and jailed or cited. but no one is always in the right not even me. we all do stupid stuff the violates the traffic laws and others laws too. but i only jump in to give you advise to a point of view from the other side that your not seeing.. the officers. and i do know that sometimes officer do hammer people that were in the right and i want to help.

but i never even open my mouth if i'm not 99.9% sure of what i'm telling anyone on here or in public. and if i give some advice but i'm unsure of it always say check with you local OSP or a lawyer.

if anyone wants a law, word for word from the ORC i will scan it and post it just ask.

i will say this i chose my battles in court, thats why i have only lost two court cases ever which is a good record

i just don't want some one getting in trouble for not knowing a law or not knowing the truth.

but i guess i will limit my actions of posting the law or law enforcement info to post that request the info. maybe i over stepped my own and some other peoples bonderies.

graemlins/doh.gifgraemlins/gone.gif

sorry guys

but the way i'm telling you about the law on just a parking lot is true to the law even if it seems like its unfair or unlawful. do i agree with all ohio law no but i do enforce them. 40 people on a lot maybe no PC for vandalism but could i win to a judge by saying that i feared that a fight might be, or will be occurring

..yes. it would fly. also if you in a area know for criminal acts and they have logged in records of thoses in the area resonable cause lets you stop and ID and log them in as being there and terry pat would allow me a limited search of there persons and being in a car would give me a reach area search.

i was only trying to warn every one that a law can be stretched or bent to cover things that at first you would not think that it covers. and in saying that the officer could win that case in court.

also you don't need a owners permisson to run someone off a lot and if they have permisson to be there a quick call to the owner or them having a writen consent to be there works great but the officer still has the right to check to see if you have permisson

i will say this i'm all for cruising and for sitting somewhere and talking on a lot. and i say if your in the middle of a city area well lite parking lot and toward the entrance and not the store end i don't do stops on those types. but one or two cars in a darkened area near a store yes i do but i don't cite them unless there doing something else other than just parking and talking. i do run them off to a open lot like walmart or something were they can talk with out law enforcement checking them every 5 minutes.

and believe it or not it does not take a lot of PC to ask for someone's ID.

i will say this some officer take the letter of the law to heart and push it. when i tell some one here something i'm and giving you the letter of the law as it would say in the ORC but in plain down to earth terms. i also tell you what you can do if you think your in the right to fix it if caught and jailed or cited. but no one is always in the right not even me. we all do stupid stuff the violates the traffic laws and others laws too. but i only jump in to give you advise to a point of view from the other side that your not seeing.. the officers. and i do know that sometimes officer do hammer people that were in the right and i want to help.

but i never even open my mouth if i'm not 99.9% sure of what i'm telling anyone on here or in public. and if i give some advice but i'm unsure of it always say check with you local OSP or a lawyer.

if anyone wants a law, word for word from the ORC i will scan it and post it just ask.

i will say this i chose my battles in court, thats why i have only lost two court cases ever which is a good record

i just don't want some one getting in trouble for not knowing a law or not knowing the truth.

but i guess i will limit my actions of posting the law or law enforcement info to post that request the info. maybe i over stepped my own and some other peoples bonderies.

graemlins/doh.gifgraemlins/gone.gif

What if the owner is there.... can they ask the COP to leave?

if the owner is there, the officer is aloud to verify that he is the owner. and owner can ask for officers not to patrol his lot or run people off for just parking. but the down fall is he will 9 times out of 10 lose police presence on that lot and the police will only respond there to take reports of the crime after it has happen and no prevention of crimes will happen cause why check a place that you can't run them off even if you feel they up to no good. also if the officer has PC for something other than them just parking there then the owner can not ask the officer to leave until the officer finishes he offical business.

maybe this might clear it up.

§ 2911.21. Criminal trespass.

(A) No person, without privilege to do so, shall do any of the following:

(1) Knowingly enter or remain on the land or premises of another;

(2) Knowingly enter or remain on the land or premises of another, the use of which is lawfully restricted to certain persons, purposes, modes, or hours, when the offender knows the offender is in violation of any such restriction or is reckless in that regard;

(3) Recklessly enter or remain on the land or premises of another, as to which notice against unauthorized access or presence is given by actual communication to the offender, or in a manner prescribed by law, or by posting in a manner reasonably calculated to come to the attention of potential intruders, or by fencing or other enclosure manifestly designed to restrict access;

(4) Being on the land or premises of another, negligently fail or refuse to leave upon being notified by signage posted in a conspicuous place or otherwise being notified to do so by the owner or occupant, or the agent or servant of either.

(B) It is no defense to a charge under this section that the land or premises involved was owned, controlled, or in custody of a public agency.

© It is no defense to a charge under this section that the offender was authorized to enter or remain on the land or premises involved, when such authorization was secured by deception.

(D) Whoever violates this section is guilty of criminal trespass, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

(E) As used in this section, "land or premises" includes any land, building, structure, or place belonging to, controlled by, or in custody of another, and any separate enclosure or room, or portion thereof.

as you can read yourself what is posted by jellen100 is bad advise

2911.21 (a)1 and 2

says you can be stopped and arrested and this is PC.

for those thought i was talking out my a$$ here the ORC code and it spelled out nothing add or deleted

like i said talk is talk the code os the law is you want to see more laws just holler