Anyone interested in a Cisco 7204 router?

InyaAzz

interested as in its free or interested as in you want money for it, and if so, how much.

Nothing in life is free, my friend. There's always a cost. :)

I haven't seen what the going rate is..I'll do some research and let you know later today.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have a 7200 router?

I'm in networking so the post piqued my interest :).

I'm a network engineer...and I bought one used to use for cert practice/studying. Right now, it's sitting in storage doing nothing, so I thought it might be time to get rid of it.

ah, yeah... I've got this box thingy, it's got a cord that goes to this other small box thingy, that has lights and shit on it. and it's got two cords on it, they both go into the wall. Different places though, ones that standard 2 prong plug you see, the other is round with a wire in the middle.

You mean CSC? Ugh, I had to deal with CSC for two years. All the server/PC folks got outsourced to CSC. Luckily I went to British Telecom. Worst two years of my career, having to deal with their red tape on a day to day basis.

You mean CSC? Ugh, I had to deal with CSC for two years. All the server/PC folks got outsourced to CSC. Luckily I went to British Telecom. Worst two years of my career, having to deal with their red tape on a day to day basis.

CSC? Computer Site Columbus? I used to work for them, but no that's not who we're talking about. CSCC is Columbus State Community College.

no, CSCC, columbus state community college.

We both used to work together there, and accused one another of "procuring" equipment.

I never accused you of "procuring" equipment! You just "borrowed for an extended amount of time".

:lol:

J/K

Funny thing is, I'm pushing close to a 7 figure investment for my lab at work, and its not even close to where I want things. I don't know what I'm thinking trying to setup a lab at home when I don't have time to get the one at work.

It's the geek factor. You do it cause you can. Don't fight it.

I kinda have one of those going myself.. No quality routers though.. mine is

more of a pen lab then anything.

what kind of setup are you doing for your pen lab? I have a ton ideas for my work lab, but the time to actually do security r&d or build something for that is pretty limited. I'd love to piggy back off of some of your work if its the direction I want my team going. We need to talk Monday at the track.

It's the geek factor. You do it cause you can. Don't fight it.

oh I know. I had a talk at dinner last night with another security manager that shares the same cisco account team and got all sorts of good ideas for stuff to try here, not necessarily because its a need, but because I can.

yeah, well I was talking to this guy about his pistons, we're gonna get a set custom cut to pretty much replicate the combustion chamber in the head, with the high, angled plug, and deck shaved to 8.990 and slugs set at +.010 with a .036 compressed hight head gasket should run about .026 quench which should stave off detonation well and allow us to run ~13:1 compression and get a superior burn pattern, all on pump fuel. With appropriate valve timing to obtain ~8.5:1 static compression of course

yeah, well I was talking to this guy about his pistons, we're gonna get a set custom cut to pretty much replicate the combustion chamber in the head, with the high, angled plug, and deck shaved to 8.990 and slugs set at +.010 with a .036 compressed hight head gasket should run about .026 quench which should stave off detonation well and allow us to run ~13:1 compression and get a superior burn pattern, all on pump fuel.

feeling your inner computer geek isn't quite up to snuff eh?