Guest Silver911owner

Guest Silver911owner

Hey guys, Im Brandon. I'm new on the board and not real sure how to post pics off my computer. :confused: Here are some links to pictures of cars like mine though :rolleyes:

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/f6_attachment_.php?&attachmentid=1180&twidth=1024

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/f6_attachment_.php?&attachmentid=1630&twidth=1024

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/f6_attachment_.php?&attachmentid=1195&twidth=1024

These are ok pics. I am just now starting to mod, I have a cold-air intake and a chip. I havent had it on the dyno but it should be putting out about 315HP at the crank :( 0-60 in about 4.8secs and 1/4 mile in low 13's. I was thinking about going to geeros friday night if anybodys interested.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is your pics. nice car...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pb56d274147f1f80f92fac9ce685b597d/f83d59af.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pc3729ce9c5bc2ad2f9997580daf21d77/f83d59b0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p9ddee2249a272ee6b43c7ae35a47005b/f83d59b1.jpg

Guest Silver911owner

Throttle Jockey, bikes and cars dont mix.

SilverEvo8owner, didnt mean to steel your sn... sorry. like i said up top, those are pics of a car that looks just like mine, not my exact car.

so where are you guys meeting up friday? I'm looking for something to do.

Guest Silver911owner
Throttle Jockey, perhaps I should put it this way, cars with only cold-air intakes and chips dont mix with bikes. Maybe after like 5 years and I've added a few things to the mod list ;)

Guest Tony_K

Brandon -

We have had a couple of false Porsche owners on the board recently. Teenagers have a tendency to hop on this board, brag about a car that they want or their uncle or someone owns or that they got a ride in and pretend that it's theirs, and then disappear.

I'd probably welcome a Porsche owner who wants to go to the ALMS race more than anyone else on here, but your talk sounds fishy to me, too.

1) 911 owners don't usually care, know, or give a damn about their 1/4 mile times. It's just not in the mentality of the overwhelming majority of 911 owners.

2) "you're just now starting to mod" - again, you're not talking like a Porsche owner. There isn't really a lot to do other than appearance mods (without spending $thousands). Typical first 911 mods are brake pads, sway bars, and strut braces.

3) You gave no specifics about your car (like year and spec).

4) The only 911/993 owners who buy a chip and talk about it are the glam boys. (read: equivalent to ricer) Most owners of these cars know that Porsche and Bosch have already done about as good of a job as can be done with these engines, and that most chips only waste gas or move the torque curve a little. Some vendors are skeptical of chips and hesitate to sell them.

5) AFAIK, no one makes a "cold air intake" for a 993, which is what you posted a pic of. I have seen a few vendors offer kits for 80s 911s and up to 93-94 models, but those are several hundred dollars, come with a different airflow meter and a chip, and most people don't buy them because they really don't do anything. And vendors don't typically use the terminology "cold air intake."

6) You posted pictures of two or three cars that are not your own. We all know what 911s look like. Most people just don't post pics until they have some.

The mentality you appear to have toward your 911 is the mentality that Honda and Saturn owners who like to mod their cars have. You're not talking like a 911 owner; you don't sound like you *know* 911s. That is why you sound fishy to me. Is this your first Porsche? Are you relatively new to Porsche ownership? ...or are you giving us graemlins/bsflag.gif ?

I don't normally welcome people in this way, especially when their first posts are polite like yours, and I hope I'm not out of line here, but you just sound a little funny, and come in the wake of a couple of cases of "The Boy who Cried 'Porsche'".

Cheers,

Tony

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Anyone else skeptical of this guy. Why would you have European rear tag on your American 911. Further, the pics shown are definately professionaly-type pics, not just someone snapping a simple picture of their vehicle.

I know who he is, yes he has a 993, no there are no euro tags on his, he said these are pictures of cars like his. Brandon is young, but the car is his. And I would assume it is his first Porsche, but he drives like a grandma. ;)

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Tony, I know who the kid is. And yes, your first assumption is correct, he is a teenager, and that is his car.

It may be his dads car and he drives it every day, but he does have it.

-Marc

Ahhhhh his DADS....

Correct introduction:

"Hi, this is pic of a car that looks alot like my dads porsche that he lets me drive"

Us: "..uhh welcome and stuff"

Guest Tony_K

Okay fellas, thanks for clearing that up.

My regards, Brandon. There are some good people and good info on www.rennlist.com if you haven't been there yet. And welcome to the board. smile.gif

EDIT: ...and if you really want to know how to make yourself and your 911 fast, www.pca.org is the way to go!

[ 17. June 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Tony K ]

Guest Tony_K

Shawn - hey, at least he's not being a punk-shit about it. smile.gif I'm getting used to living in richie-shit land where parents give their kids expensive cars - heck, where parents give their kids *any* car at all - and if a teenager is respectful and appreciative about being given a special car and treats it well, I see it as a sign of maturity.

(...but bs mods like a noisemaker air filter and chip on such a highly evolved car = bottom of the learning curve! tongue.gif )

Porsche = small penis :D;)

why would a 911 driver wat to stand around in a jegs parking lot (READ: sausage fest) when they could be getting ass?

Tony rocks smile.gif

Guest Silver911owner
Tony K, My intention was to try and blend in not sound like the typical headstrong porsche owner. I know a great deal about porsches, but like you said the language is defferent. They do make cold air intakes for the 993 because i have it. It is made my eastover, I got it through Auto Assets. It is my car, if you wanna come down to geeros friday and see then feel free. I personally dont think I drive like a grandma, dont know to many grandmas who have gone over 160mph. So whos going to geeros?