Shop Smart, shop S Mart

Akula

But let's face it, K-mart is, and has been for as long as I remember, just one step up from Big Lots.

IMO this strengthens K-mart, and weakens Sears. I live literally 2 minutes from a K-mart, but drive further to NOT shop there. I think their stores suck, as does their general selection of what I want to buy. I just consider the place trashy, and is just bringing Sears down.

It's funny that Kmart is so dumpy out here. A friend of mine is from upstate New York and he said that out there, Kmart is the nicer store, and the WalMarts are the dumpy ones. And they don't even have Meijer or Target. He was pretty shocked when he moved to Columbus!

In L.A. if you shop at Wal-Mart... Well, nobody does, and there was only one on Rinaldi in the SFV that nobody gave much of a shit about either way. Meijer, Big Lots, and the like don't exist either. K-Mart and Target were both considered a cheap alternative to Sears and such, and a way to just avoid the douchebaggery of the malls. You want the cheapass stores, you have to go to places like La Barata (Yes. there is a real store in downtown L.A. called "La Barata". The Cheap, in Spanish. Yes, it is cheap.) or Lucky 99 (99 cent store chain similar to the Infinity on Cleveland Ave, but no weaves in the back, and better food selection)