Front license plate question

ttemper

I know they're requried, but, my car doesnt have a holder. I'm really not worried about getting a ticket for it, as long as no points are added, and its under 110 bucks. I know quite a few people have gotten them, whats the consequences of failure to have one?

EDIT: will they still ticket me if i have the license plate in my front window?

Originally posted by ttemper:

Yes. I was leaving a car show with a friend who has a pretty nice S4, no front plate, police pulled him over and issued a ticket.

The amount was 100$, and he has to make a court appearance.

HTH,

Nate

Originally posted by ttemper:

Yes, but I took my ticket to court and show pictures of it mounted in the front window, and where the car had no screws or anything in the front for a plate, the ticket was dropped. Although I think ORC says that the plate must be mounted in the front most and rear most postions of the car

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

non moving violation

mine have been 80 bucks

window won't work per the rules

i got mine after someone hit me on the highway... i was actually fine w/ the fact the person hit me, i know shit happens, but then the cop gave both of us tickets (them for hitting me, and me for no front plate)... you'd think he'd give me a warning or something, seeing as my car was just smashed...

Mine was 80 bucks. It was in the window(front) because the G20 front bumper didn't have a braket or holes. I let the cop know I had ordered it and it was plain to see I just repaired some front end damage but he gave me the ticket anyway.

When I bought my Cobra, it didn't have a bracket or holes in the front bumper. I called the dealership and they sent me a bracket for free. I had it laying in my back seat for a couple months and hadn't gotten a chance to get to the dealership to get it installed. I got pulled over in Hilliard for no front plate. I showed him that I had it with me, but told him that I had been working so many hours, that I could't make it into the dealership. He issued me a warning to told me to get it installed ASAP.

I think if you was to show them that you have bracket, that will at least show them that you are trying to make the effort to get it done. It probably will all depend on the cop and his mood though.