Car broken into... again.

iwishiwascool

Last time I had my head unit bolted in and secured beyond the norm. The criminal got frustrated, stole the face, and stabbed the player in such a way that the cd player no longer worked. They broke the window to get in and did various other damage in their struggle.

Since then, my head unit has pretty much just been dangling there.

Im pretty sure when I went back into my car last night to get my phone, I left my passenger door open. Dumb. Someone must have thought that they should teach me not to do that and took that bling bling [looking] panasonic head unit. When I climbed in and saw it I barely mustered a shurg for my missing eye sore. Also taken: A pair of shorts and my swoosh back pack. Retail value on the streets: 15 total. Im crushed.

They looked through pretty much everything. My console was open, my hatch was ajar...

Things NOT stollen:

-1 Craftsman Cutting tool

-1 Safc

-3 Gauges

-The BRAND NEW JVC head unit I had fully visible in my trunk

-My wallet which they definitely could see. (No cash inside)

I have a feeling it was a definite amature, maybe even a drunken fratboy who used my backpack to conceal the goods.

Either way I dont feel half as violated as I did last time.

Liability only for this guy.

The saddest part is that I dont even feel that violated. I remember last time I was a rage ball willing to stay up all night to wait for them to come again.

Maybe because they didnt break my window this time.

Maybe because Im imagining them realizing that they got a pos broke ass deck.

Maybe because ive accepted campus as a hell hole

I've been violated a few times when I lived on campus (well, as the very edge of campus in a house my roomate owned).

My "favorite" was when we were on vacation for a few days. They break my driver's side window out. Low and behold, they steal my $900 Eclipse HU. Of course, anyone who knows about Eclipse HU's knows if you cut power, you HAVE to put the key CD back in within 5 tries or the head unit shuts down. And let's just say the key CD I setup wasn't one most people would have, or EVER guess. But the best part, they cut the external power pack to the head unit, and left it in the car. So it wouldn't power up regardless. They stole a $900 paper weight. Then they try to get to the back of the car to steal my amp (this is before I had a second amp/sub); pulled the carpet up but never got to it. Dumbasses. Of course, Allstate insurance dicked me around....imagine that. :rolleyes:

I'd love to meet face to face with some of the assholes that have broken into my vehicles........

BTW when I lived on Blake (north campus)I was driving an 85 ranger spray painted white with orange odot spray painted happy faces on it. (I did road construction and we got back from work one night and someone got me @ the shop.)

You did NOT need a key to start the truck, but I did have the ignition key. Common Ford problem those years. Also I did NOT have the keys for the doors, so it was ALWAYS UNlocked. Had a rampage CD player in it. I even told a couple of my neighbors to take it if they need to run somewhere, and it was sitting outside just jump in it.

Point is... Campus must have, a complete piece of shit vehicle that blatently screams steal me but it is to ugly to be

R.I.P. Blanch

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Art95Celica:

Point is... Campus must have, a complete piece of shit vehicle that blatently screams steal me but it is to ugly to be

R.I.P. Blanch

See my sig. I never lock the Corolla, and occasionally leave the keys in it for days at a time. The way I see it, if someone's gonna steal that car, they need it more than I do.

Guest stevil
Thieves suck! :( Sounds like these guys were total dipshits considering things stolen vs. not stolen. lol :D Or maybe it was some homeless guy that needed some clothes and a backpack? Weird.

It seems like anyone on campus who has something worth stealing, gets it stolen within a few months. Anyone live on campus with a nice car and NOT get their gear jacked? I know 3 ppl with nice cars and all have had one or more breakins. campus -> *** suck for nice stuff!

jeff

Originally posted by jeffmeden:

It seems like anyone on campus who has something worth stealing, gets it stolen within a few months. Anyone live on campus with a nice car and NOT get their gear jacked? I know 3 ppl with nice cars and all have had one or more breakins. campus -> *** suck for nice stuff!

jeff

I've been on campus for 4 years and all that I've gotten stolen was my CD player once, one of the few times i didn't arm my alarm.

Hope I didn't jinx myself.. redface.gif

also stolen I just noticed:

1 Old Spice "High Endurance" Deodorant. Pure sport scent.

http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/4276.gif

be on the look out. Dont be afraid to give a stranger a sniff for me. If he smells like pure sport, Ive got a suspect.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

also stolen I just noticed:

1 Old Spice "High Endurance" Deodorant. Pure sport scent.

http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/4276.gif

be on the look out. Dont be afraid to give a stranger a sniff for me. If he smells like pure sport, Ive got a suspect.

Pure sport owns, hope you get some kinda "satisfaction" if your car gets hit again. :(

Oh and Murgan, good luck :Dtongue.gif

Originally posted by MJ:

Pure sport owns, hope you get some kinda "satisfaction" if your car gets hit again. :(

Oh and Murgan, good luck :Dtongue.gif

Well, at least now the criminals are keeping a higher standard in Hygiene. :D