Columbus Traffic Code

MrMeanGreen

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

if she pulls out in front of you, thats why you have brakes. and for all of you that think speeding is bad or what the fuck ever, go get bent. and get the fuck out of the left lane. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

Brake fade over 100mph is a bitch without some nice hardware. Don't get me wrong, I speed too, but I'm not going to blame the officer for giving me a ticket if I'm caught going that fast. When you go that fast you have to be prepared for it; Brakes capable of hauling your car down fast without fade, be awake and alert, look a lot farther ahead then normal, etc. A lot of things can go wrong over 100mph on a public road, the last thing I would do is be mad at the police over pulling me over for it.

Originally posted by Montego7:

If you are doing over 100 and get caught or even over 90 you don't have any room to complain at all, just deal with the ticket. 103 isn't that fast but there is no reason a cop should let you off for that.

+1

About 20 years ago, being really stupid at the time (not like now :D ) I got nailed for 135 in a 35 outside Akron. Jail time, fines, suspension and probation. Really screwed my insurance rates for years, too. Hard to believe that anyone that stupid could live another 20 years with killing himself.

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by Mallard:

Oh yeah, and Anthony, Your best bet is to go to court and try to plea it down to a no-points speeding. Although having another violation on record in the last 12 months will make that hard.

Good luck at court :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

Good luck at court :rolleyes:

How about 115 in a 65 Reckless Op dropped to a 71 in a 65, two point speeding violation?

This was in November last year, and no attorney. I'll take my chances in court, and I'll have an attorney this time smile.gif

Pessimistic = bad graemlins/nod.gif