Best Selection of beer?

Prodeje79

What store has the best selection of beer?

What bar has the best selection of beer?

I believe one of my fav places closed down. It was near Toledo and was called Ragtime Rick's. They had over 400 different kinds of beer. You could keep a "beer card" and they tracked all the different beers you drank. After 100, you would be invited to a special beer party.

I think Rick is looking for a new location though. He closed after the smoking ban seemed to cause a lack of business.

Is there anywhere like that in Columbus?

Whut they said for buying, never been to the World Market, but have heard good things.

Andersons=<size=10>te</size>h win

I've been searching around on http://www.beeradvocate.com/ a little bit lately. You can get review of beer's, drinking establishments/restaurants, and places to buy beer.

For beer selection at a restaurant (sports bar esque) Winking Lizards up at Corsswoods has alot. Not anywhere near 400, but probably 100+. If your a beer fan you need to go to the Elevator, which is on High St. between Spring and Long. You also need to go to one or both of the Barleys, the first one being on High St. in front of the North Market; the second one is on 33 (I believe Riverside Dr. at that point) just west of Grandview. Those are the places I've been to and like. graemlins/thumb.gif

[ 09. September 2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Neo ]

Guest FBody Addict
i'll stick with budwieser, every other beer i try is kind of a let down, but then i've never tried any foriegn beers cept for heineken, and that shit is nasty, almost as bad as natty

yea...Anderson's and World Market are good...there is also a place on Indianola just above N. Broadway...they carry lots of good stuff too, most isn't refrigerated so plan on drinking it later smile.gif

my friends and i usually go to places you can buy single bottles, and just throw together a 6 pack...you would be surprised at some of the beers you might find.

one beer that is a must, and even my friends who are devout Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers love....is Purple Haze.

Guest xxxyyyzzz
+1 on Winking Lizard having a big selection. They even had the oddball Scottish ale I used to buy in a little shop in Dayton. Can't recall the name of it now but it went for about six bucks a bottle back then, was like $8.00 at WL. If you've heard of it, they probably stock it over there.