My dogs new trick!

Browning

Not that any of you care or anything. But I keep the leash for my 2 dogs hanging up beside the door. Last night I taught my 1 year old lab, to go and get the leash down and bring it to me when she wants out. Only took about 25 minutes and 10 biscuits lol. Ok now, you can return to the usual, just wanted to share graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest GSRchick714

Awesome trick...my dog just barks at the door..not very cool graemlins/nonono.gif

I used to have a 1/2 black lab and 1/2 german shepard though and he was smart!!

...and that sig pic still scares the SHIT outta me!

My dog has never been on a leash. for him to learn something like that would be a miracle. He'd probably look at you like you were dumb, and the leash was meant for you and not him. However, he does knock on the door when he wants in or out. If no one is near the back door, he will come get your attention by puttin his nose under your arm, or bark at you then turn around for you to follow him. He's an incredibly smart shepard, but the one thing I don't understand is him burrying a doughnut out in the yard unless you break it into pieces for him.

Originally posted by Pony Pimpstress:

I don't understand is him burrying a doughnut out in the yard unless you break it into pieces for him.

My dog would do the same thing.. If I buy her a chew toy/bone that is too big she just carries it around.. first chance she gets to take it outside she burries it.. it's cute cause when I'd go looking for it, she steps in front of me to distract me if I get too close.. crazy things smile.gif

oh and congrats on the cool trick, Browning. I just taught Ally to beg a couple months ago and she's 5 :D