Any cool projects going on?

Tractor

Just thought I asked since its getting boring around here(read that cold) and I always love talking projects. I'll start with my current one

Project vehicle - `92 Toyota 4x4 pickup

I swapped out the 4 cyl for a carbed chevy 350

and SM465 transmission + NP 205 t-case. Im currently in the process of finishing the installation of chevy fullsize solid axles in the front and rear. I just need to install shocks, bolt the rear on, and hook up steering and driveshafts and it will be ready to go eat trails.

The tires currently are Super Swamper LTB 34x10.50's, but they look kinda dumb on it and I built the truck to except up to 44" tires if I feel the need.

Yeah its a trailer queen, but it does ride 1 weekend a month for around 10 hours;)

Evan

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

first project

71 skylark

3800 series II S/C 4L80E (nowhere close getting started)

second project

94 shadow converted to American flag

Fixed :D

Evan, if I ever get to a point where i'm not worried about homework, we can get started on the new project sitting in your garage. I just need to find an S-10 soon...

Also, does anyone know where I can get some parts off of a C4 vette? graemlins/burnout02.gif

Originally posted by Tractor:

Thats ok Mike, If the truck gets done before we get started I'll just park it on it :D

I was crawling around the RX-7 last night looking at stuff.

Evan

evan make sure that 7 doesn't rust out and fall on your head while you are down there

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

That sounds like fun!

Our team made a presentation to the president of our company and they decided to sponsor us. We are now using the car to promote and raise money for Habitat for Humanity. People can make a flat donation to us, or pledge an amount per hour of work a team member puts in on the car. We are keeping a log of who works and for how long.

If anyone would like to donate, PM me. Not only would it help a good cause, but it would show support for the team and maybe the company will consider more things like this in the future. It's not often you will find a company support their employees in a project like this, so we are hoping everything goes weel so they're happy. :cool:

I will probably make an 'official' post about this soon. I'll be able to upload some pics this weekend, then I'll clear it with the Mods so it's not interpreted as a solisitation.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Our team made a presentation to the president of our company and they decided to sponsor us. We are now using the car to promote and raise money for Habitat for Humanity. People can make a flat donation to us, or pledge an amount per hour of work a team member puts in on the car. We are keeping a log of who works and for how long.

If anyone would like to donate, PM me. Not only would it help a good cause, but it would show support for the team and maybe the company will consider more things like this in the future. It's not often you will find a company support their employees in a project like this, so we are hoping everything goes weel so they're happy. :cool:

I will probably make an 'official' post about this soon. I'll be able to upload some pics this weekend, then I'll clear it with the Mods so it's not interpreted as a solisitation.

Congrats man,,sounds cool as hell. Good luck!

Originally posted by a Car Enthusiast:

evan make sure that 7 doesn't rust out and fall on your head while you are down there

Yeah Evan, we should get tetanus shots before working on that thing

BTW I've decided not to worry about the vette suspension, I'd rather get the thing together and running and just go with a Belltech setup for now

Originally posted by Nismo:

98 Nissan 200sx se-r,,,swapping to a BlueBird SR20DET(turbo motor). I'm just getting everything I need as of now but it will be done in a few months.

i was gonna do that a while back, but then looked into rwd, and got a 240. And as for my project, well it should be on the road soon.