Roadrunner is the sux.

Devils Advocate

Yup. Roadrunner is fucking worthless. It loves to cut out on me randomly, like when I'm in the middle of a HALO match (shut the fuck up, all of you), or when I'm talking to people on messenger. After literally four calls in 6 days to the fucking "technicians" (and I use that term very loosely) and having them tell me, each time, as my internet is NOT WORKING, that nothing is wrong ( :rolleyes: ), I'm about to lose it. What other Internet servie providers do you guys reccommend? Preferably something very fast, but not that much more expensive than roadrunner. Also, anyone willing to go on a sabotage plot against RR, PM me. (<--half kidding)

have had both RR and WOW both are great have never had a problem with either service (if it did go down it was back up shortly there after.

The one thing that turned me on to WOW was the price its alot cheaper then RR was plus they have more basic channels

I've been 100% more pleased with everything to do with WOW as compared to Time Warner/RR since we've gotten it.

Cheaper, never drops like RR always used to, people who came out and installed it did a much better job, better channel selection. Only thing that I think isn't is good is the guide, but we have analog cable service. I've used both of their Digital service at others houses and they are comparable.

I work for WOW. I hear this a lot from former TW customers.

I used to have RR w/ Insight. No sync for a day, highly varying speeds, and just overall sucky service. Cable liked to go out randomly too.

I switch to WOW (this is before working for them), never had a problem. Did I mention this was using all of the same inside wiring Insight was using...and their drop from the poll to my house wasn't damaged either. That's all plant issues there. (Since then I've fully re-wired my house...nothing like 9 outlets, w/ RG-11 feeding into the house :D ).

Yup, RR sucks big donkey wanker. I live in a house that was built less than 2 years ago (I had the first house in the development), and RR is very slow. It's pretty much comparable to the dial-up service I had. I call and they say nothing is wrong. I really don't care anymore because my fiance's work pays for it. I keep calling WOW to find out when they will be in my area. They keep saying "at a later date". grrrrrrrr

Originally posted by Sully04 F-150 4x4:

Yup, RR sucks big donkey wanker. I live in a house that was built less than 2 years ago (I had the first house in the development), and RR is very slow. It's pretty much comparable to the dial-up service I had. I call and they say nothing is wrong. I really don't care anymore because my fiance's work pays for it. I keep calling WOW to find out when they will be in my area. They keep saying "at a later date". grrrrrrrr

It's your slow puter. :D

Our cable has never went out with TW except once, that was probably the same time the net went down too. We tried to switch to WOW but they wouldnt run the cables for us since we live in a condo and we had to get some papers signed.

Guest minion4343

Ive had rr for a year and i havnet had one bit of a problem at all umm i work for call tech on the verizon dsl and thats carpy as hell

lol

but any ways i pull a 2.9m download with a 500kbs upload

Guest stvbreal
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I work for WOW. I hear this a lot from former TW customers.

I used to have RR w/ Insight. No sync for a day, highly varying speeds, and just overall sucky service. Cable liked to go out randomly too.

I switch to WOW (this is before working for them), never had a problem. Did I mention this was using all of the same inside wiring Insight was using...and their drop from the poll to my house wasn't damaged either. That's all plant issues there. (Since then I've fully re-wired my house...nothing like 9 outlets, w/ RG-11 feeding into the house :D ).

Bro, your avatar is the slowness. Takes for ever to load and it slows shit down mega everytime I scroll by it. Might be RR but doubt it. Funny clip though. :D

Had RR for 4 or so years and had no probs.

[ 16. July 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: EvilEvo ]

I've had RR for about 5-6 years now and never had much of a problem until my original modem just flat out took a shit on me. RR replaced the modem with a brand new one, and I'm back up and super fast again. I love RR.

Have you had a tech come out to the house for a visual inspection? Make them replace your modem if they check the cables and ensure nothing is clipped or damaged. If they won't replace the modem, drop them and switch to someone else.

Originally posted by Earl:

That sucks about the problems you are having with RR. I've had it for four years now and it's only gone out 3 times. I pull down about 4.5 Mbps and upload is 512kbps.

See, there are benefits to living in the ghetto.

:D;)

had rr and have wow, rr used to have outage problems all the time in dublin where i lived, was rather annoying to say the least:| haven't had any problems with wow since i had it, every outage was pre-scheduled maintence, and was off during quirky hours when i shoulda been sleeping heh. has been like this 1-2 times for the near year ive been here

I may have to take my statement back. Two days ago I started having intermittent outages. They called me today saying that it seems the new Surfboard modems are having problems, and they need to come down to put in a different modem. This is only affecting RR Premium users. The model I have is SB3100. So if you have that, you may want to call and check.