Stupid person rant for the day, crooked realtor.

Trouble Maker

This one just happens to be a home realtor.

So I’m looking at getting into a house and have looked at one house in particular so far. I’ve gone to check it out once two weeks ago and am interested it in. I sat on it for a week or so before I decided I really wanted to get into a house right now and am still interested in that one. I’ve just been doing some research about different financing options I could have and talking to home/condo owners at work about owning a home, financing options, what to look out for, what to do. I am planning at some point to talk to a few different banks/home loan places to get ‘pre-approved’ before I go look at this house again so if I’m still interested at that point I can move on it quick and have some sort of negotiating leverage.

The woman that I looked at the house with calls me back two days ago to see if I’m still interested. I tell her yes and ask her if she has anyone I can get into contact with about home loans, specifically what kind of deals I can get being a first time home buyer. She gives me two peoples numbers and I’ve just frankly been to lazy to call them yet.

She calls me back today and asks if I have been in contact with either of them yet. She then says, after I told her I had been busy and hadn’t gotten a chance, she talked to one of them and they had said I hadn’t been in contact with them yet. Only two days after talked to her about this.

WHAT IN THE FUCK, is she stalking me now or what? I all most went off on her on the phone. I’ll get back a hold of her when I’m ready. If she has something that’s important, then call me. For instance if I need to move on the house if I’m interested, that’s about it. But don’t call and say shit like that. If she calls me back again with something like this she will get an earful and I won’t be dealing with her anymore.

Just venting, thanks.

It's called sales, man. She is just doing what she has probably been tought in college. It's common sales practice to follow up on shit like that. She might have even been calling them to see if they would get you a deal, so she would have a bigger chance of getting the sale.

My guess is the person she knows works in her office or lives near her (that is how she knows them). She isn't being a bitch, she is keeping the circle closed. Don't get pissed just tell her you are hesitant because it is ALOT of money.

Originally posted by Akula:

My guess is the person she knows works in her office or lives near her (that is how she knows them). She isn't being a bitch, she is keeping the circle closed. Don't get pissed just tell her you are hesitant because it is ALOT of money.

Exactly. She most likely works off of comission. If you buy a house, you are her meal ticket. She cannot just sit there and wait and wait for you. Just like if I were to look at a house, I can't tell the realtor "just hold it for me, I might make an offer." Real Estate is a cut throat business. She is just doing her job man, sounds like maybe you have the problem.

Sorry, but I have a more cynical view - realtors are indeed stalk-ish. Bottom line: the realtor needs to cater to the clientele, not vice versa. If this chick is wigging out Neo Pee, then she needs to knock it off; he shouldn't have to tolerate her neuroses.

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

Sounds like a realtor that was trying to get our business.. She would call me a few times a day and finally I told her that we were not interested in using her services. She was psssyyycchhhoooooo.

Maybe she wanted some. ;)

Originally posted by J unit:

USE MY DAD!! hes the best in columbus

john jacobus

614-899-2600

I'm pretty sure I don't know you and even people I know have been suggesting realtors for me and I'm frankly not interested. I can search on my own. Ask him to find me around or at least a 1200sqft. house that isn't trashed with a decent sized yard and a large garage (this one has a 730sqft. garage) in a neghiborod that my car and house will NEVER get broken into for sub $100k. If he can do that then I'll talk to him. But I'm pretty sure other than this house, he won't be able to.

I'm not particularly looking for a house but I've been researching it in passing. I just don't feel like paying 140k+ for a house, I'd rather and can for cheaper live in a very nice apt. for that. This one just fell into my lap so to say because it is two doors down from my parent’s house. This house I can live in cheaper than a nice apt. for two people (have a roommate lined up all ready), the only reason I'm really looking at this place. But like I said, if he can find anything within those parameters I'm all ears. And don't tell me to call him, he'll make what, 4% on this or 3%. I shouldn't have to do shit to find a house and the only thing 99% of the realtors out there would do for that 3% is show me houses I don't want at best and at worst lie to me left and right.

She can follow up with me in a timely manner that’s fine (~two days later is NOT timely unless there is something she needs to contact me about). She can't call her friends/coworkers to check up on me. I told her the first time I would get to the people she suggested and I'd get back to her when I was damn good and ready. If that house sells I'll just find another one or rent, no sweat off of my back. She asked me after I again told her I would call the people she suggested if they could call me. She's as dumb as a brick and it's annoying.

[/second rant]

Originally posted by Neo Pee:

I'm not particularly looking for a house but I've been researching it in passing. I just don't feel like paying 140k+ for a house, I'd rather and can for cheaper live in a very nice apt. for that. This one just fell into my lap so to say because it is two doors down from my parent’s house. This house I can live in cheaper than a nice apt. for two people (have a roommate lined up all ready), the only reason I'm really looking at this place. But like I said, if he can find anything within those parameters I'm all ears. And don't tell me to call him, he'll make what, 4% on this or 3%. I shouldn't have to do shit to find a house and the only thing 99% of the realtors out there would do for that 3% is show me houses I don't want at best and at worst lie to me left and right.

[/second rant]

I agree with you 100%, however, if you can afford a nice apt.. maybe one for 800 a month, maybe more. You can EASILY find a home for that per month and YOU have equity. Instead of putting your money towards something that you "throw" your money away, put it into something that you can invest in.

Stock Market might be down, but Reality is a pretty stable market. ESPECIALLY in Columbus, Im actually suprised you can find a house sub-100k in a good neighborhood.

Those are just my .02 though.

Maybe 2 days was kinda soon, but it shouldn't be THAT big a deal.. I'm sure she's thinkin if she waits a couple more days you'd have already called another realtor.. Anyways, It sounds like you're a lot of fun to deal with though. graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Guest powers

I'm pretty sure I don't know you and even people I know have been suggesting realtors for me and I'm frankly not interested. I can search on my own. Ask him to find me around or at least a 1200sqft. house that isn't trashed with a decent sized yard and a large garage (this one has a 730sqft. garage) in a neghiborod that my car and house will NEVER get broken into for sub $100k. If he can do that then I'll talk to him. But I'm pretty sure other than this house, he won't be able to.

She can follow up with me in a timely manner that’s fine (~two days later is NOT timely unless there is something she needs to contact me about). She can't call her friends/coworkers to check up on me. I told her the first time I would get to the people she suggested and I'd get back to her when I was damn good and ready. If that house sells I'll just find another one or rent, no sweat off of my back. She asked me after I again told her I would call the people she suggested if they could call me. She's as dumb as a brick and it's annoying.

[/second rant]

Well since this is a purchase and your not selling anything it will cost you nothing to have a realtor. Most of the listing agents will get 5-6% commission for listing and selling of the home. If they sell one of their own listings the realty firm will get the 5-6%, if you have a realtor that sells you someone else's listing they just spilt the 5-6%. Maybe she was pushy but if you don't do alot real estate transactions you will NEED a realtor to help you avoid a POS property and a bad sales contract.

If you are looking to buy a home just pull the trigger. rates are going up every day for the last 45 days now. Don't think people are out to screw you just because they are making money on you. It's just how life works. all successfull businesses make money that's what makes the world go round.

ALSO

don't want to be pushy at all, because i'm not. But if you are looking for a home loan give me a call and I can help you out if you would like.

614-804-3451

Thanks Gregg, I'm going to talk to someone at me and my parent’s regular bank and another guy that two different people at my work suggested this week. If those don't seem like they are panning out soon I will get a hold of you. Thanks for the offer. I know I don't pay them any money but they do make money off of the sale.

Sam, although I thought that two days was a little quick I understand that it is a cutthroat business. The fact that she spoke with one of the people she gave me contact information for to see if I had contacted them, asked if she wanted me to have them call me when I had all ready told her both times that I would contact them is what upset me. This on top of her overall un-professionalism and not being helpful at all so far has not made me want to deal with her one bit (2.5-3% of this house will still be 2k+).

Anthony told me your dad is a realtor, do you think he could help me out at all?

Nixon, it was Saxton based on the Westside of Columbus.

Sam, although I thought that two days was a little quick I understand that it is a cutthroat business. The fact that she spoke with one of the people she gave me contact information for to see if I had contacted them, asked if she wanted me to have them call me when I had all ready told her both times that I would contact them is what upset me. This on top of her overall un-professionalism and not being helpful at all so far has not made me want to deal with her one bit (2.5-3% of this house will still be 2k+).

I understand. I assumed that there was more to it than just calling you in 2 days. I know certain people have an ability to just rub people the wrong way. I didn't really get this in your post ;) Definitely go w/ someone you like to deal with..

Originally posted by JGR:

REALTORS=SALESMAN=CAR SALESMAN=#@$$$$#*&

Watchit newb. My dad's also a realtor. graemlins/slap.gif