Movie Review: The Grudge

CobraKevin

Summary: In some Japanese town, an incident occured in an old house that left behind a curse. Anyone who enters the house is exposed to the curse and will be followed for life by it. Karen (Sarah Michelle Gellar) enters the house as a substitute care-giver for an elderly lady who's son and daughter-in-law currently live in the house. She gets exposed to the curse and tries to help investigators solve the issue concerning what happened/is happening with the house.

Pros: A few hot chicks, freaky setting, freaky characters, and lots of other freaky shit.

Cons: A little slow, quite a few flashbacks some may find hard to follow, and the ability to fuck over the rest of your night.

Conclusion: 4.75/5.00 - Quite possibly the scariest movie ever. EVER! For those that don't get scared at movies, give this one a shot. For those that saw it and didn't think it was scary, please feel free to enlighten me on a movie that was. For those that scare easily and/or enjoy being scared (like me), prepare to seem 5 again when bedtime arrives.

I saw it and I can tell you that I have not been scared by a movie in a long time. I recommend it, highly.

It's the sounds, the setting, the camera work, the freaky little kid and his mom. It was a remake of a Japanese film called "Ju-On" and the original director was the director in this one too. I guess it might be scary because it was different from the normal American scary movies. Like it was fresher? But then again, people might not like it because it might not be what they're used to.

Originally posted by Eastside Juggalo:

What made this movie so scary? Was it just the setting or what? I'm not bashing just curious.

The freakiest Japenese kid and his mom make the strangest, creepiest noises, and can be literally anywhere at any time in virtually any form. Yeah, pretty freaky.

i though tit was freaky but the plot "has been done" just the hole disturbed familly haunting shit. I thought the movie would explain all the different forms of "ghosts" and why some of the stuff happened, all in all the movie was scary as fuck but as far as plot it really wasn't that great.

SPOILER

some of the shit they didn't explain bothered me, like why that girls jaw was ripped out?

Originally posted by RX7dood:

some of the shit they didn't explain bothered me, like why that girls jaw was ripped out?

Did you see the corpse of the dead lady in the end, as she crawled out of the bag that papa put her body in? No mandible, so lil yoko got her jaw ripped out, too.

Originally posted by Eastside Juggalo:

What made this movie so scary? Was it just the setting or what? I'm not bashing just curious.

The images it leaves in your mind. The movie itself had some "AHH" moments, but the scaryness hits you afterwards. See the movie, go home, go to bed. When you close your eyes, you cant help but flash back to some of the shots from the movie. Usualy when I have an asian girl coming up from under my sheets its an entirely different situation. tongue.gif

Originally posted by girlygirl18t:

me and my boyfriend went and saw it last night. I thought it was pretty good, i jumped. I hate going to movies at easton. All of the super young kids are there and they ruined the scare affect a little.

got the same problem at the Arena Grand. Gaggles of young thug wannabe's vying for everyones attention. Pissed me off to no end.

I liked the movie, I didnt think it was that scary at the time but your right, after you leave and start thinkin about it, it comes back to haunt ya, lol. Definatly (spoiler) made me afraid to get under the covers, lift em up to see a jawless ghost creeeeeeeeeppppppppyyyyyyyyyy.....

Originally posted by girlygirl18t:

me and my boyfriend went and saw it last night. I thought it was pretty good, i jumped. I hate going to movies at easton. All of the super young kids are there and they ruined the scare affect a little.

Yes they need to have a time limit where you need to be 21+ to even enter a movie theatre as bad as it sounds. Or at the very least have security checking in on every theatre constantly. Kids ruin way too many movies.

Originally posted by Razorback:

Yes they need to have a time limit where you need to be 21+ to even enter a movie theatre as bad as it sounds. Or at the very least have security checking in on every theatre constantly. Kids ruin way too many movies.

Hi! I'm reality, My friend "The Law" and I are happy to meet you.

Originally posted by Republicant:

Hi! I'm reality, My friend "The Law" and I are happy to meet you.

Have you ever been to Easton in the evenings to see movies? Even at 10:00pm-midnight you'll see kids in the freaking building and supposedly for some time there is supposed to be a law prohibiting those under 18 from even being inside Easton. Doesn't seem to work very well. So tell your friend "THE LAW" to get his or her shit in gear for me. smile.gif