King of Columbus

ChevyMan1972

Some of you might know that next friday 30'th is the King of Columbus shootout at NTR, I dont know about some of you but I totaly enjoy watching some of ohio's fastest cars put there money and there hard time on the line, just to win a few hundred bucks! It will be interesting who will show up? Lee Howie, Ed Parker? who knows?

Can't wait,

Dan

I don't think Parker will have a car there. Although I sat where he was last year, and he was doing a little bench race talk so who knows. Howie will go down again, like last year to Vaughn. As long as Vaughn gets that tranny fixed. smile.gif

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

im mean that they are street leagal like working lights blinkers and tail lights, not like they drive them there. i thought thats what the annoucer said the other night

Not really anymore.. when it first started it was mostly street cars. Now it's race cars on street slicks.

I dunno if he sold the Nova or not. Yeah no doubt Parker will have a nice/fast car, but it's all in the chasis I hope he doesn't overlook that part. Yeah the rule was last year that they had to "drive" the cars to the track. Now that may mean get a 100 yards away, then unload the car then pull it in smile.gif

Originally posted by COLD AIR:

Vaughan is going to need James W motor. Howie had a fuel filter problem last year and bent a push rod the year before

The Pat Musi engine did quite well last year, and has some left other than that 7.51 he ran I think he'll be fine with that engine.

Howie used the ol' ricer excuses did he? smile.gif

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

actually, I was hoping that these were actual street cars, and/or there there was an import class.

Why does there have to be an import class? Can't imports run with everyone else? There aren't any rules holding back imports in the King Of Columbus shootout.

There are actual true street cars that qualify, they just don't win.

King of Columbus to be crowned on Friday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 29, 2004

This year's QFM96 King of Columbus will be crowned this Friday night at National Trail Raceway. All of the top street legal cars in Central Ohio will be in attendance trying to become the royal leader for 2004. Both the QFM96 King of Columbus Outlaw and QFM96 King of Columbus 10.5 crowns will be up for grabs this year. But it will take a great effort by anyone to take the throne away from Von Kincannon in Outlaw and John Evans in 10.5. Both the Outlaw and the 10.5 class may only have one power adder on the car. Fiberglass is limited to only the hood, decklid, and bumpers. The framerails must be stock and the firewall must be in the stock location. The only difference between the two classses is the 10.5 class is limited to either 10.5 inch slicks or 30x13.5 tires. The Outlaw cars can run any type of tire. The gates for the QFM96 King of Columbus will open at 6:00 pm with the 1st qualifying session set for 7:00 pm. They will get two shots at the 1/4 mile to get into the 8-car field for both classes in this heads-up, first to the finish line event. The entry fee is $65.00 per car with $800.00 going to the winner of each class. In between rounds of KOC, we will be having our regular Street Legal time trials starting at 6:00 pm. Come on out and enjoy a night at National Trail Raceway and the QFM96 King of Columbus Street Legal Shootout.

I think Parker went low 8's off

hope it doesent rain

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Why does there have to be an import class? Can't imports run with everyone else? There aren't any rules holding back imports in the King Of Columbus shootout.

There are actual true street cars that qualify, they just don't win.

i dony know if buschers dsm is street legal (cough), but i do know that it might have a chance.