Hi Point Handguns

Adam

Anyone give me a rundown of hipoint firearms, more of the handguns than anything else, being as cheap as they are with a lifetime warranty perks my interest, but just wanted to get some feedback before doing anymore looking at them

Friends don't let friends buy hi-point.

Made in Ohio so thats one plus.

It may be a decent fun gun for shooting cans and milk jugs.

You'll probably be happier in the long run spending a few extra bucks and buying from a trusted name in firearms. I don't want this to turn into buy this brand or that brand, get what feels right to you. SIG, S&W, Glock, Springfield, Beretta, Colt ,etc. all have rabid supporters, get the one that works for you.

Bottom line I would not trust my life to a hi-point as a self defense weapon.

Hi Point? I wouldn't waste my $$$$. They say you get what you pay for. If you want a firearm for your lifetime & pass down to a sibling, be smart & buy = smith & wesson, colt, H&R etc. Thats my opinion anyway :D

for hand guns nothings better than anything made by magnum research, but as far as hi point goes ive got one of there 9mm rifles and its very accurate and reliable, and as a side note eric and dylan used hi point.

p.s. glocks suck.

Originally posted by UPS yours:

p.s. glocks suck.

Just because they don't look pretty, doesn't mean they suck. Anyone that wants a reliable handgun needs to at least shoot a Glock. If a Glock is good enough for most LEO/FBI applications, then it is good enough for me.

Tom

Originally posted by Stallion Motorsports:

Just because they don't look pretty, doesn't mean they suck. Anyone that wants a reliable handgun needs to at least shoot a Glock. If a Glock is good enough for most LEO/FBI applications, then it is good enough for me.

Tom

i never said anything about them being ugly, i just dont think they are most accurate things ive shot. for the price i would much rather have a magnum research baby eagle.

I don't really like 9MM but that is probably because I qualified on .45 in the Navy.

I have shot a bunch of nice .45s, Wilson, Kimber etc. I like Glock for 9mm because they are damn near indestructible. They may not be the most accurate but unless you are trying to snipe someone with it you will probably be ok.

Basically if the weapon feels right in your hand, and you know how to take care of it you will be fine. If you are going to be throwing 1000s of rounds thru it, spend the money on a good brand because it will treat you right.

If you just want a pistol to keep under your bed for midnight emergency broadcasts against uninvited guests, go buy a cheap one.

Guest Ponyfreak
Glocks are very reliable, but ok accurate. Noone buys a handgun for tremendous accuracy. Unlesss you are shooting squirrels and are a decent shot you will not have a problem hitting your target. I reccomend a used glock as your first handgun.

If you are really looking for a cheaper firearm I would probable recommend you take a look at Ruger. I would recommend you shoot what you are looking for first. Rent one at the Powder Room or New Albany. See what you like the feel of.

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

Anyone give me a rundown of hipoint firearms, more of the handguns than anything else, being as cheap as they are with a lifetime warranty perks my interest, but just wanted to get some feedback before doing anymore looking at them

Their hand guns are junk. Spend the money for something good. They make a long gun/rifle that shoots 9mm rounds. It is really fun to shoot and will not jam even if you mix the ammo. Plus...it is only $89.00.