NHL Lock Out

Guest 1QWKEVO

Guest 1QWKEVO

man it gets worse, i feel bad for my uncle who has season tix for the Jackets....but i just saw on the news that they told players to take offers in Europe because this season is def gone and possibly next too!!!

I mean damn come on they make so much money, why do they need to be even more greedy and want more?!

Guest 1QWKEVO
from what i understand the players dont want a Salary Cap, pretty much meaning they want more money! even if they dont make as much as NBA or NFL or MLB players make, they still make a shit ton more than i do workin part time at Abercrombie!! lol

The NHL is in some serious trouble. The teams lost a combined 280 million or close to that. The players dont want less money to make it work and the owners cant pay them the high salaries. I hate the lockout and i wish it would jsut end. Greed is owning everyone right now.

Originally posted by Captain Chaos:

I do feel bad for the people(not players) who are not working due to the lockout

Ive got a friend whose mom works at the arena she doesnt know if shell have a job the next day she goes to work.But i do miss the free tickets that i got once in a while.Anyways hockey sucks the NHL will never survive.The question is will anybody care?

I will, you douchebag. graemlins/slap.gif

The players need to get a grip on realistic salaries and accept a cap. That goes for ALL professional atheletes.

There is NO reason that professional atheletes should make as much as they do. We are all to blame for letting this crap get so out of control.

Exactly.

It will be impossible for a team to compete for fans without a salary cap. In order to bring fans in for a large number of games per season the team needs to be competitive and to do that they need to buy players. Kind of like what the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox are doing. If there is no salery cap there will be two or three teams with outrageous saleries while the rest of the league suffers to bring in fans.

It needs to happen for the teams to stay afloat. They players need to accept it.