Got a pacemaker???

Casper

Get a Zune. I knew i'd find a benefit of buying this thing. :roll:

Yours probably interferes also.. only ipods were tested.. I would bet money that its the spinning of the hard drive causing it so unless your rocking solid state media .. you will prob have the same issues.

Get a Zune. I knew i'd find a benefit of buying this thing. :roll:

Yours probably interferes also.. only ipods were tested.. I would bet money that its the spinning of the hard drive causing it so unless your rocking solid state media .. you will prob have the same issues.

Aaaaaaaaactually......... It's the harddrive's magnet. But close.

Did you notice it was a 17 year old who initiated this research???

Arent the rare earth magnets of a hardrive shielded at all sides except for the side which faces the disks. Otherwise wouldnt the magnets mess up the data? Oh well it has been a year or so since I took one apart maybe things have changed

Arent the rare earth magnets of a hardrive shielded at all sides except for the side which faces the disks. Otherwise wouldnt the magnets mess up the data? Oh well it has been a year or so since I took one apart maybe things have changed

Thanks because I wasnt even going to respond..

Thanks because I wasnt even going to respond..

The interference is probably caused by the electromagnetic field

created by the iPod - which interferes with the electric function of

the pacemakers.

[/quote:b0756]

http://rawstory.com/news/dpa/Study_by_s ... 12007.html

I'm trying to find the full report, but not having much luck.

Oh, and magnets don't destroy data.

http://msn.pcworld.com/article/id,11657 ... ticle.html

That old trick only worked on old school floppies.

The same goes for hard drives. The only magnets powerful enough to scrub data from a drive platter are laboratory degaussers or those used by government agencies to wipe bits off media. "In the real world, people are not losing data from magnets," says Bill Rudock, a tech-support engineer with hard-drive maker Seagate. "In every disk," notes Rudock, "there's one heck of a magnet that swings the head."

[/quote:8cc8d]

"iFallen... and iCan't get up!"