High Boost pull Video

coltboostin

Here is the promised High Boost pull video. This was taken on bone dry pavement, with brand new Kumho 712’s, BOTH spinning because of my locked welded diff. There is little more I can do to get traction on the street besides Run slicks 24/7.

http://thelotspot.com/videos/highboost.wmv

Right click and save as, the video will probably only be up for a few days, so if someone can rehost that would be mint.

Nothing like laying 2 patches at 100mph I guess.

In case you don’t know..

93 Dodge Colt

Stock4g63t,Stock head, Stock cams.

60-1@26psi-made441whp 414ft lbs

Car weighs 2020lbs without me in it.

Originally posted by coltboostin:

Here is the promised High Boost pull video. This was taken on bone dry pavement, with brand new Kumho 712’s, BOTH spinning because of my locked welded diff. There is little more I can do to get traction on the street besides Run slicks 24/7.

A little bit better tires would help. I haven't heard great things about the 712's, this is from an Autocross/Roadrace point of view though. They get greasy once they are warm. I would assume the same thing happens only quicker in your car.

A lot of the traction deficient straight line guys around here seem to like the Nitto NT555R's.

Originally posted by JEEENKINNNS:

he shifted and the speedo stayed so I don't think traction issues made a huge difference.. fast fucking car.

Its a problem in the lower gears b/c the spin is so bad, I have to guess when to shift out of gear, and I often end up in 2nd or 3rd too low and fall out of boost. Even though it is spinning tire, it still is accelerating pretty hard. They are 205/45/17's. Drag radials are way out of the budget right now.

I am 160lbs-ex wrestler build.

Thinking about yanking the dash to get it under a Ton.

Originally posted by buckeye:

why don't you go to a smaller wheel and If you did the swap I am sure you can figure out how to fit fater meets under it. Hell my car try to spin on 205's and I haven't moded it yet

Fitting the meat is no problem, having the cash for a set of wheels and/or at least 2 tires that will be 120$ a peice or more is not happening right now. I have these Kumho's because I got them slightly used for 50$ for the pair. 1000miles on them, litertally. What do you have?

I can make that video too.

Really.

In a dark garage.

On jack stands.

With a buddy bouncing a video camera at my speedo.

smile.gif Any videos of this thing from the outside?

[ 22. June 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Vinny ]

Originally posted by Vinny:

I can make that video too.

Really.

In a dark garage.

On jack stands.

With a buddy bouncing a video camera at my speedo.

smile.gif Any videos of this thing from the outside?

Wow, theres always a hater. Thats pretty sad that you would try so hard to make it unbelievable. Tell you what, throw your pig on jack stands, try to duplicate it so I can laugh when your car tourqes itslef off the stands and you break your driveline while you go shooting through the garage and hopefully ace your dumb self.

There are many videos of the car, even on this forum. Find them yourself.

buckeye-Oh god. 8 valve junk. The car is 4x100, honda bolt pattern.

Not the same JP, I have never owned an NA talon.

Originally posted by coltboostin:

Wow, theres always a hater. Thats pretty sad that you would try so hard to make it unbelievable. Tell you what, throw your pig on jack stands, try to duplicate it so I can laugh when your car tourqes itslef off the stands and you break your driveline while you go shooting through the garage and hopefully ace your dumb self.

Hater? Grow up.

Pig of a vehicle? Learn what you're talking about and who you're talking to.

BTW, learn what smileys mean when used on message forums, they might prevent you from looking like an ass.

Originally posted by Vinny:

Hater? Grow up.

Pig of a vehicle? Learn what you're talking about and who you're talking to.

BTW, learn what smileys mean when used on message forums, they might prevent you from looking like an ass.

JP calls everyone's car a pig, just the way we talk up North.

If you are going to rib someone, have to be willing to take one too. smile.gif

Originally posted by Art95Celica:

Is the colt similar to the mirage? I cant find a pic of one. thanks.

fast car, neat video.

Yes, same car. 93-95 Body style.

Vinny-IF yuor intentions were not harmful, I apologise, my internet vagina is sandy and I am used to people questioning everything about the fucking car. And I do call everyone's car pigs, even my own.

Stig-Even though it is spinning, it is obviously still accelerating. As for fast, I donno, I pulled a car on a Built 5.0 wiht a huffer.-Went 10.6@131mph. I think that is moving OK.

Jellowman- You dont have 4 lug on the shadow? 8 valve heads flow as good as my ass when constipated! Put a 420a head on the pig, you will love yourself for it.