Why guys.... WHY?!?

SPLN SUX

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volvo, Chevy, Nissan, Honda, Pontiac.....it doesn't matter what you have, it's being able to accept what you have. I have a two door grocery getter, as opposed to a 4 door grocery getter, and I don't care, because at least I won't go hungry, hahaha.

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

phil i heard you were at osu today auto xing, i was gonna stop by and say hi, but i didn't see you around

Yeah I was there. What time did you come by? We were on lunch break from 12:45-1:15. I would have been either on grid/running the course or out working the course. My car was parked right by the entrance so it would be hard to miss. Although if you came by when I was working the course I would have been no where near my car.

There were no Volvo's running the event.

To clarify: I have no particular porblem with Volvo's, it's just his additude.

Originally posted by Shitaro:

Josh, as far as the picture of the pro-street Volvo... any car can be made fast with enough money dumped into it...

Yep Josh your right just ask anyone here about my teg!

Originally posted by Shitaro:

I personally don't have a problem with Volvo's... it's the "my car is always better than everything else" attitude... My car is a Piece of Shit and I know it.. but it's my POS... I don't try to make people think it's a sports car... it's a 4 door grocery getter. [/QB]

I understand but who doesn't have some kind of attitude especially about their car.

Sorry is MY attitude offended anyone!

finn's volvos is sexy as hell

phil i came in with my brother for a minute picked up a rule book and talked to jesse then took off, i'll try to hook up with cr's auto x team later on

isn't that josh kid the guy with the 550 horse teg that went 12's *giggle*

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

finn's volvos is sexy as hell

phil i came in with my brother for a minute picked up a rule book and talked to jesse then took off, i'll try to hook up with cr's auto x team later on

isn't that josh kid the guy with the 550 horse teg that went 12's *giggle*

You lose because you giggled.

Why the sudden fascination with station wagons Eric? You're having a kid, not a soccer team. Converting to domesticity at too high a rate of speed will cause stomach aches, hairloss and migraines. True story. Best to take it easy - start out with a nice sedan, then work your way thru the minivans and then, only when you're ready, do you settle down in station wagon land.

Here ya go:

http://ultrawarp.com/chevy/vacation/luggage.jpg

"You think you hate it now, wait til you drive it."

There is no topping the Wagon Queen Family Truckster. Now, the fat lady has sung. graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll kill Eric for his own good if he ever buys a Minivan. It's what any good friend would do.

I can't believe you hold minivans above wagons.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/01images/wrx4_h.jpg

http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/31/cd/7b_1_b.JPG

Maybe I'm just a little too utilitarian, but I like wagons if they are fast.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Why the sudden fascination with station wagons Eric?

I'd actualy been interested in getting an AWD wagon for quite some time now. I have a lot of crap that I like to take long distances. When I set out on my domestic climbs, my winter stuff takes up all my birds haulin space, leaving just the drivers seat. With my eyes set on the Cascades, I wanted something good in snow, that can haul 2 peoples gear, cruise a triple didgits on the highway, and still get decent mpg.

Jesse, you damn well better follow through with that threat. And DJ, we discussed Magnums earier in this thread, go dig the numbers. I now have no respect for them, outside of styling.

Originally posted by Orion:

werd.the saab 92x is alright, too. not to mention the magnum.

Forgot about both of those, cool cars too. If the feel of the 300C is any resemblance of the Magnum, and I would assume it is, they drive incredible nice. It makes my car feel like the chassis was designed on the cheap. Absolutely amazing.

I've driven a few WRX's and I really like how fun they are, but not exactly how they were designed inside. When the 92x came out I really wanted to go test drive one, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I really need to go do that, although everyone has told me they drive exactly the same. Don't see why they wouldn't, but I just want to see for myself, and check out what they are like inside. I was actually actively looking for a WRX wagon some time before I decided on my car.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Jesse, you damn well better follow through with that threat.

Deal as long as it's reciprocating. I already have this pact with another friend of mine from college. I figure if I make it with enough people and I actually get one, someone will have the balls to follow through. That way some day when I have a wife who tells me we need to get a minivan I can tell her we can't or my friends will kill me, and I won't be lying.

Guest sphen02
Originally posted by Tenzig:

they stick because they're bricks. graemlins/thumb.gif

top'o'the line magnum = 4336 lbs

top'o'the line 300 = 4100 lbs

Trouble Maker posting:

That's not exactly what I was referring to. They are DEAD quiet at 75mph. So much so that I bet there wouldn't be one inkling of wind or road noise at even 95.

Going over speed bumps, even off camber, this car makes them disappear. I know that's what it's designed for, but it just drives so nice in so many conditions.