Prepay gas

Buckeye1647545503

First off fuck you the people that steal it so that I have to prepay.

Second ok so I get why I have to prepay but why can't they make it so the damn thing can count to something close to what you paid for before they go into the "you have all day pump". I know it is a stupid thing but it realy annoys me and I feel like bitching about it.

Prepay is also a marketing ploy to get you into the store to buy crap. Most gas station's profits are heavily based in selling you soda/candy/snacks/lottery/ephedrine/smokes.

The thing that annoys me most about pre-paying with cash is that it takes almost as long to pump the last 30 cents worth of gas, as it takes to fill the whole freaking tank. This is particullarly infuriating when it's raining/snowing/windy/frigid.

I use a debit card at the pump almost exclusively and avoid the hassle.

This is why you are supposed to use those little plastic things called debit and credit cards.

Slide the little card into the slot on the pump, then pump away. Hell, I wish all pumps were pre-pay; I never go in to pay for gas anyway.

Guest powers
from a business sense all gas stations should be prepay only. Where else do you get to revieve a product and have the abilty to just leave uncontested without paying. And like Mike said the stores are where all the profit is made for the individual owners. It will eventually get to a point where all gas stations are full prepay. If you are paying cash what do you care that you go into the store before you pump instead of after?

Guest racinbird

If you are paying cash what do you care that you go into the store before you pump instead of after? [/QB]

Because when you prepay with cash, the pump goes really really slow once you pump about 75% of the gas you prepaid for. He doesn't like to wait.

Guest powers
Originally posted by racinbird:

Because when you prepay with cash, the pump goes really really slow once you pump about 75% of the gas you prepaid for. He doesn't like to wait.

get a gas card

and if im paying cash and want to fill up, i dont know how much the car will hold, so i gotta go in, give them say 30$, go out, fill up, only holds 25$, then i gotta walk back in, wait in line, and get my 5$ back. i went to a station the other day that was prepay at 3pm. i said fuck them and went to another down the street.

i dont think im lazy, but i dont want to walk into the place, wait in line 2wice to pay for gas then go back to get my change back

I pulled into sunoco on sawmill about two weeks ago, and the ever pump was a prepay, it just happened to be the one day I was paying cash so I just kept on driving. Went to speedway down the street, still on my way so no extra driving, and I could pay my exact total after pumping instead of going in twice.

Wouldnt you know it that sunoco is closed now, says its now property of Immke group

Originally posted by Powered By Geo:

I pulled into sunoco on sawmill about two weeks ago, and the ever pump was a prepay, it just happened to be the one day I was paying cash so I just kept on driving. Went to speedway down the street, still on my way so no extra driving, and I could pay my exact total after pumping instead of going in twice.

Wouldnt you know it that sunoco is closed now, says its now property of Immke group

Always has been, that shouldn't be the reason as to why it's closed.

Originally posted by Powered By Geo:

That Sunoco sucks anyway, they hit the emergency stop on me because I answered my cell phone while pumping.

This thread is hilarious???? I too about (20 yrs ago) went thru the same scenario = go inside tell 'em I'm paying cash, don't know how much it will take? After pumping, back inside, wait in line AGAIN, finally complete transaction, & off I go. Whole process took like 25 minutes! F that! I got gas card, have used forever, bill comes monthly & ya pay the balance (no interest). Now getting gas takes like 5 min (as long as there NOT out of premium) = now that really pisses me off, especially when they put the plastic bags over the pump handles!! :mad:

I see no prepay problems.. just yesterday a non cacasion male from another decent(keeping it politically correct) ran from the gas station up on 23 near polaris.. and almost hit a fellow CR members car.

They will all be prepay soon or later

Here is how lazy I am, if I want to pay by cash that day:

I go in and prepay $20.30. Then when I pump and it hit's that magical cut off, I just hang up the pump and end up with just over $20 worth of gas. The extra $.30 that I found on the floor of my car is worth not waiting another 5 minutes to pump .15 gallons. :D

Originally posted by MJ:

Here is how lazy I am, if I want to pay by cash that day:

I go in and prepay $20.30. Then when I pump and it hit's that magical cut off, I just hang up the pump and end up with just over $20 worth of gas. The extra $.30 that I found on the floor of my car is worth not waiting another 5 minutes to pump .15 gallons. :D

That is all I am bitching about just that last little bit that takes fn forever, AND it starts countng slow most of the time at like .50 of the whole dollar :mad:

and for the credit card thing I don't have any at the moment I closed my bank accounts to moove to az and I won't have real credit cards as I would abuse them