1993 Nissan 240sx SE w/mods *SOLD*

Moe7

http://hometown.aol.com/morgan1774/images/lf.jpg

It is a tough decision that I've had to think about for a while, but I've finally decided to sell the 240. I will be moving out of the state soon and it’s just not practical for me to keep it sitting at home when someone else could be enjoying it. I have owned this car for the past 7 years (since August 1998) and it has been VERY reliable. It was my primary form of transportation up until 2 years ago when I purchased the Audi with the intention of making the 240 into a track car, but I never had the time to do this. Here is some information on the car itself:

1993 Nissan 240sx SE:

-114k miles (half of which are from me)

-Manual transmission, power windows, power door locks, grey "leatherette" interior, flip-up/removable sunroof, 7-spoke alloy rims

-Work within the past 15k miles: New water pump, oil changes every 3000-4000 miles. Redline transmission fluid, new master/slave clutch cylinders, starter

Installed upgrades:

-KYB AGX adjustable shocks (4 settings in front/8 in rear)

-Eibach pro-kit springs (1.8 front/1.6 rear drop if I remember right.. don't quote me on this)

-Brembo slotted/drilled rotors

-PDM racing front strut tower bar

-Place Racing intake (cold air extension included, but never installed because there was a bit of cutting involved to get it to fit)

-Hotshot header (gen. 1)

-Apex’i N1 Dual exhaust system

-OBX racing short shifter (gen. 2)

-H4 headlight adapter w/Catz galaxy white bulbs

-Clear corner/sidemarker lights in the front

-Clifford alarm w/shock and glass breaking sensors

Non-installed parts:

-Replacement rear hatch w/o spoiler (It is common for the factory SE spoiler as I have to collect water and rust at its mounting points, this replacement hatch does not have the SE spoiler but still has the rear wiper mounting holes).. Only reason it is not already installed is because it is red and needs to be painted black.

-Polyurethane T/C rod bushings (to fix clunking in front end, common problem)

-Stock parts I still have: Header, airbox/filter, shifter, amber lights..

The bad:

-The body has a fair amount of dings from when I bought the car as well as from keeping it on campus. There is a decent sized dent behind the passenger side door from someone backing into it when I wasn’t around.

-The paint on the rear bumper is worn off pretty bad, but since the plastic bumper itself is black I put up with it with the intention of getting it repainted someday.

-There is tint on 3/5 of the windows due to the rear windshield and driver’s side windows being replaced at different times. Best bet is to remove the tint altogether.

-One of the rear tail lights has a leak and holds some water/moisture in it. This started after I replaced a cracked tail light, so it might just be due to a bad seal against the body. Either way replacement tail lights are readily available for ~$20 at junkyards so not a big deal.

-Could use new front tires, the rears are Dunlop FM901’s with less than 5k on them which were replaced as a pair when I got a flat on one side. I was planning on replacing the fronts at a later time but never got around to it.

-Needs new brake pads and/or the system needs bled. Parking brake does not work which I believe is due to a broken or loose cable, I have not looked at it.

Mechanically the car is great, runs as smooth as the day I picked it up which is why I have been so reluctant to sell it. I wouldn’t hesitate to take it on a trip and even seriously considered adding a turbo kit a few times. Would make a reliable (albeit loud) daily driver, could swap in the stock exhaust manifold which quiet downs the car quite a bit. Definitely does not sound “ricey” as it sits, people are often surprised to learn that it is a 4-cylinder. It is also a VERY fun car to drive, which is another reason why I was intending on making it into a track car. Definitely gets its share of compliments and I have surprisingly have never been pulled over in it (~7 years).

Sorry for the long ad, but I know if I was buying a car I’d want as much information as I could get, and I want to ensure the buyer knows what to expect when coming to see it.

Older pictures from 3 years ago, I will take newer ones soon:

http://hometown.aol.com/morgan1774/index.html

Picture of dent:

http://hometown.aol.com/morgan1774/images/dent.jpg

Price: $3,000 O.B.O.

Please e-mail or IM me with any questions or comments.. :cool:

Email: Morgan1774@aol.com

AIM: Morgan1774

[ 21. July 2005, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Morgan ]

Bump for one of the cleaner "S-13's" I've seen. Always liked your car since the first time I saw it in your sig pic.

Also, if whoever buys this car is looking to replace the tires pm me. Got some 18's with 700miles on them that were on my 300 I payed $320 or so for and I'll sell the set for 750.