92 TSI AWD 4/6/LSD 67K Miles!

el aguila

Ok, guys, I'm thinking about selling my car, just want to get some offers and decide. I'm moving on to another car as I want to gain experience with other types of cars. This is a true creampuff of a 1G, and the 6 bolt motor, 4 bolt rear end, and LSD make it even more of a gem. It also has ABS. I'm only 17 and have invested a good bit of my hard earned McDonald's salary into this car. The timing belt, balance shaft belt, tensioner/idler pullies, accessory belts, and water pump were done at 60k miles, so maintenance is not an issue if you plan on buying this car. The rear received new pads and rotors at 58k miles. The air conditioning system was also recharged with R-12 (expensive). Mobil 1 fully synthetic was ALWAYS used since I had it, and the car hasn't seen octane less than 93.

The car has been washed usually twice a week, sometimes 3, and waxed every month. Interior is near perfect, and is a rare maroon color. I had the front bumper resprayed and also the hood, just from chips from rocks. Paint is beautiful and shines like new,but does have normal chips/scratches. Nothing outrageous for a 14 year old car. Transmission shifts beautifully with Pennzoil Syncromesh. Car has also had the recall done on the transfer case, so no leaks. Car leaks ABSOLUTELY NO FLUID, and burns NOTHING. Only thing the car needs is a set of hatch struts, but I don't even think it's worth it seeing as how I transport nothing but myself with this car. Now for the modifications:

-ACT 2600 Clutch (less than 10k miles). New OEM revised clutch fork, throwout bearing, and pivot ball also installed

-3" Turboback Exhaust (Exhaust Depot downpipe-no cat, RnR racing catback w/N1 style tip)

-Eibach Prokit Springs with KYB GR2 shocks in the front, and KYB AGX adjustables in the rear

-93 Big brake upgrade (twin piston calipers) with Powerslot Rotors

-Symborski Shifter Kit

-2G Leather shift knob

-Walbro 190LPH fuel pump

-Joe P MBC

-GM MAF-T

-Dejon Tool Upper intercooler pipe with 3" GM MAF in blowthrough-configuration

-Dejon Tool 2.5"/3" Intake pipe with K&N filter

-Apexi Turbo timer

-Lotek Dual Gauge pod

-Autometer Boost/Westach EGT gauges

-Palm Pilot Datalogger

Like I said, I'm open to offers, but I'm not really set on letting it go right now. So e-mail me if you're interested. The car is located in Yorkville, OH (43971). PM or e-mail me for info.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/data/2/8897P3130001.JPG

I'm looking at buying another car, but the seller hasn't decided what they want to ask for it, so my selling price, depends on theirs. I'll let all interested people know once I find out what they want for it.

Originally posted by OhioGN:

If you know where I can find an AWD STOCK with 67k that clean for $4k, let me know. There arent many out there like that, especially at that price.

el aguila:

Keep my email addy and if you want to sell it, let me know. dsmterror@yahoo.com

Especially not an early 92 (4 bolt rear, 6 bolt main), they are very 'wanted' cars.

You didnt really answer my question of WHY you still have the car? Are you waiting for a BETTER offer than $4,000 dollars for what you have?

OhioGN: the cleveland DSM guys find cars like his all the time... sometimes for less than $1,000 dollars. Just have to know where to look and what to look for.

$4k is a BOAT load of money for ANY 1G regardless of shape and mods. Which by the way, your mods are worthless on resale.

Originally posted by Bananular:

He wants to keep it, jackass. He isn't going to sell it unless he finds another car that he wants more. Stop being such a douchebag. graemlins/nonono.gif

Ya hes keeping it.. cause hes not getting $4k for it :D

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

You didnt really answer my question of WHY you still have the car? Are you waiting for a BETTER offer than $4,000 dollars for what you have?

OhioGN: the cleveland DSM guys find cars like his all the time... sometimes for less than $1,000 dollars. Just have to know where to look and what to look for.

$4k is a BOAT load of money for ANY 1G regardless of shape and mods. Which by the way, your mods are worthless on resale.

Wow. Way to gay up someone's innocent for sale thread. This kid gets on here and poists that he has an uber clean 1st gen for sale, that has all of the preventive maintenances done to it, and you get in here and start bitching that his price is too high, even though someone in the thread has already said that it's worth that and wants to buy it at that price. What the hell are you trying to accomplish by saying "omfg, in kleevlund der are lots of these for less den a hundwed dollerz!" Bullshit there are. I will bet you your motorcycle against mine and two thousand cash that you can not find a single 1st gen that is as clean as this one with nearly the same mods for a less than a thousand dollars. Since you won't agree to that (because you know you'd lose), don't post a reply. Your dickhead ass just got owned.

This.

quote:

I'm moving on to another car as I want to gain experience with other types of cars.

Like I said, I'm open to offers, but I'm not really set on letting it go right now.

Then this.

quote:

I'm looking at buying another car, but the seller hasn't decided what they want to ask for it, so my selling price, depends on theirs. I'll let all interested people know once I find out what they want for it.

Then finally this.

quote:

It didn't (sell) I was looking at buying a MINT 90 Stang GT vert with 19k miles, but the lady wouldn't sell it

Reading compression owns you DragKnee66. You also obviously don't know what you are talking about.

The only 1gDSM's (even flip up head light ones) you will find in the $1kish range WILL look beat up at the very least. Sometimes they won't run quite right either but I know people who have picked up perfectly mechanically sound ones in that range, but they look like shit. Even if they run good their maintenance history is sketchy at best. This is one of the more wanted time periods for DSM PERIOD. Only thing that might be ‘better’ is when they went to the bigger brakes in 93, but those have 7 bolts which a lot of people shy away from.

If you can find one like this for that much go buy it and sell it because it's worth way more than that. Not only that but the urban legend of the great car deal will happen once in a blue moon, but it's the average thing that happens, not what has happened once in history that really matters in this case.

You know that theoretically under special relativity for a very split second a basketball that was sitting next to you could be out in the hallway! :rolleyes: About the same as this car going for $1k.

Let the guy sell his car. If no one bites for whatever he happens to want then so be it. Sorry for cluttering up the thread even more.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Please keep your own personal frustrations out of this. Just because you had a negative experience.(can't tune, lack of common sense ect. leading to the destruction of what was a doomed card anyway.)

Closing!